Keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper help

In my 8 category auction-draft roto league (PTS, RBS, AST, STL, BLK, 3PM, FG%, FT%), we can keep up to two players at salary +$10. I'm almost definitely keeping my $1 Ryan Anderson at $11. Even though I expect his fantasy production to fall off somewhat without Dwight Howard, I think he'll likely be a key offensive player in NO and will easily return more than $11 of value. (Per BasketballMonster, he provided $21 value last season.)

My stretch option is Chris Kaman, who would also cost me $11 to keep. While I don't think he'd provide $11 in straight value, this league always tends to overpay for credible fantasy centers, particularly because we use CBSSportsline's rather inflexible position qualification requirements. For example, Ryan Anderson qualifies at center in a lot of leagues, but not ours. BasketballMonster predicts $7 in actual value with 14.3 PPG, 8.5 RPG and 1.8 BPG. I think those numbers, with adjustment for the scarcity of quality C qualifiers, are probably worth more like $14 in our league. Kaman is unlikely to get double teamed down low sharing a frontcourt with Dirk and while Marion remains a very good man-to-man defender, neither he nor Dirk are likely to take inside position away from Kaman for blocks or defensive boards. The risks would seem to be (i) injury, and (ii) Elton Brand. Although Brand is slotted to be a 4/5 off the bench, if he shows up in the right shape and with the right attitude I can see him forcing Kaman to the bench.

Though I've never been a fan of Kaman, I'd probably keep both. If your valuations end up being correct, then your worst case scenario would that they'd be net neutral for this season.

Comment

Working...
    X