Must Have Droid Aps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must Have Droid Aps

Any suggestions? Just got a Droid X yesterday and need to start playing with it today.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Accuweather
    Barcode Scanner
    Instafetch
    Tweetdeck
    GTasks
    Listen
    Multicon
    Navigation
    Quick Settings
    Screen Filter
    TuneIn Radio
    Angry Birds
    LauncherPro
    Circle Battery Widget
    Tasker
    AppBrain App Market
    Document Scanner
    Apps Organizer
    Last edited by amcg; 03-04-2011, 06:46 AM.

Comment

To read the article, you have to click through a slideshow, but this should get you started.

Comment

One the best games ever designed for a mobile platform (Home Run Battle 3D):

Almost perfect game play, and there is just something ultra cool about the head-to-head battles against live players around the world and "split screen" view is the bomb. My only issue is that I couldn't port my iPhone username to the Android version when I switched to Android, which means I have to re-build my "Rookie" and buy all new gear as I work through the world-wide rankings. (I noticed some bad reviews on the Android version in the app store but it runs flawlessly on my Evo -- maybe it is not working correctly on certain devices.)

Comment

Here a few ...

you gotta get tasker if you care about battery usage (as mentioned by amcg).
          movetoSD - coordinates moving your apps from internal memory to the sd card
          agreed with Senor re: Home Run Battle
          for a good word game: Lettered
          Shazam
          movies (flixster)
          Newspapers (quick access to world newspapers)
          If you use firefox at home & use xmarks (used to be foxmarks) to sync your bookmarks they have a Xmarks for Android app
          Pulse (slick rss reader)
          and I'm surprised how much I use my flashlight app.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Juice Defender and Task Master. Both will help with your battery life.

Comment

Seems like some really good ones. How come nobody mentioned the fart button? It is free, we are immature and you never know when you are going to need an ice breaker.

Comment

Anyone have a preferred android app for reviewing boxscores?
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  Anyone have a preferred android app for reviewing boxscores?
                  ScoreMobile is a good app...good for all sports
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SenorSmoke View Post
                    One the best games ever designed for a mobile platform (Home Run Battle 3D):

Almost perfect game play, and there is just something ultra cool about the head-to-head battles against live players around the world and "split screen" view is the bomb. My only issue is that I couldn't port my iPhone username to the Android version when I switched to Android, which means I have to re-build my "Rookie" and buy all new gear as I work through the world-wide rankings. (I noticed some bad reviews on the Android version in the app store but it runs flawlessly on my Evo -- maybe it is not working correctly on certain devices.)
                    Using free or pay version?
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                      Using free or pay version?
                      Pay version although I can't remember why -- I just know that I felt (and still feel) it was worth every penny.

Another must-have app as I discovered today:

AppBrain -- maybe (or even likely) it is possible to do this some other way but my Evo screen died the other day and Sprint gave me a completely hassle-free replacement due to my insurance. All of my apps got wiped, but when I re-installed AppBrain it magically went out and grabbed all of my apps including paid ones and dropped them back on my phone. So nice when something just WORKS.

Another good one:

Lookout -- a free app that automatically scans new apps for virus/malware and, better yet, lets you find your lost phone via GPS tracking. You can also trigger a siren via their website if you lose your phone in your house w/the volume down or on silent mode.

Comment

Outstanding app tips with those last two, Smoke!

And I bought the pay version too...it is pretty fun though I am digital Dave Kingman right now... If the foul pole was 15 seats to the left, I'd be awesome... I am just completely dead pull right now...

Comment

Working...
                        X