Keeper help - NL Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper help - NL Only

I just took over an NL Only roto team...you can keep up to 10. There are 22-man rosters with a draft day budget of $255 (only one catcher).

I didn't have a whole lot to work with, but here are the guys I'm leaning toward (spring training changes obviously pending):

Offense:
    Mike Stanton $5
    Ian Stewart $10
    Chris Johnson $1
    Rickie Weeks $26
    Cody Ross $6

Pitching:
    Mike Leake $5
    Evan Meek $2
    Luke Gregerson $1
    Brad Lidge $17

Other choices:
    Jason Castro $5
    Omar Infante $10
    Ryan Spilborghs $1
    Chris Young $21
    Daniel Hudson $22
    Huston Street $21
    Randy Wells $3
    John Ely $12

So what sayeth the 'Pen?

Wondering what you think of Randy Wells as a keeper -- not sure he will even win a job yet. Also, do you think Weeks is too expensive and would you rather keep Infante, even though his ceiling is kind of low?

Thanks for your help!

I think you have a decent amount of talent to work with. I would go

Mike Stanton $5
    Ian Stewart $10
    Chris Johnson $1
    Rickie Weeks $26
    Cody Ross $6

Pitching:
    Mike Leake $5
    Evan Meek $2
    Luke Gregerson $1
    Brad Lidge $17

and add infante at Omar Infante $10 unless there are less than ten owners in the league. First year in, I would prefer some cost certainty and Infante should feth you at least $10 in value. I am not a Wells fan.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I think you have a decent amount of talent to work with. I would go

Mike Stanton $5
      Ian Stewart $10
      Chris Johnson $1
      Rickie Weeks $26
      Cody Ross $6

Pitching:
      Mike Leake $5
      Evan Meek $2
      Luke Gregerson $1
      Brad Lidge $17

and add infante at Omar Infante $10 unless there are less than ten owners in the league. First year in, I would prefer some cost certainty and Infante should feth you at least $10 in value. I am not a Wells fan.
      I agree with this.

Comment

Yeah, the # of teams is important. I am tempted by Chris Young at $21 and maybe even Street, if this is a 12 or 13-team league.

Comment

only 10 teams

Comment

Infante is then borderline but still a keeper for you IMO.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Infante is then borderline but still a keeper for you IMO.
              also depends on what your rules are for position eligibility; if your rules are 20 starts at a position, he's 2B only, but if it's 20 games at a position, he's 2B/3B/OF, and if it's 10 games, he's 2B/3B/OF/SS.

- Mike
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                I agree with this.
                Me too. Not tempted by Street at 21. CY at 21 is a consideration. My last 2 in are Ross and Leake and personally, I'm not buying Leake at 5. Just not a fan, but for 5, it's hard for me to say he's not a keeper for you.

Comment

I would keep Chris Young without question (25 SB & 25 HR is worth $21+ even if he hits .250) and Omar Infante (not a big fan, but worth the price). Leake is not guaranteed a spot in the rotation right now, so he's the odd man out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                    I would keep Chris Young without question (25 SB & 25 HR is worth $21+ even if he hits .250) and Omar Infante (not a big fan, but worth the price). Leake is not guaranteed a spot in the rotation right now, so he's the odd man out.
                    I agree with this. CY is a no brainer for me. Leake is out.

Comment

Just traded Chris Young and Huston Street for Cueto 13 and Jurrjens 15. Leake might be on the outside looking in now. Honestly, I am torn over Weeks or Infante. It seems like Weeks should go for about the 26 he's worth on draft day (maybe a little more).

Comment

Leake doesnt come into the conversation unless he wins a rotation spot, which I dont think he will.

Comment

Leake doesnt come into the conversation unless he wins a rotation spot, which I dont think he will.
                          So are you saying the first half of last year was a fluke? I think with a full rest period behind him that Leake could/should beat out Bailey. Maybe I should start a Leake 2K11 thread, if there isnt one.

edit: i think i misread ur reply. doh. Yeah he would come into the convo if he beats out bailey.

Comment

I think Leake will be good but I think Bailey (who is out of options) and Wood will claim the last 2 spots.

Comment

Working...
                            X