NBA Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Trade Deadline

Exciting time for hoops heads but as a Warriors fan I have to say, WTF?!?!?!?!

Monta is one of my top 3 favorite players to watch. Cant believe they traded him, and for SJax makes it even worse.

Comment

The few of us who are Bucks fans thank you for your donation.

I hope Bogut can shake the injury bug and be a good player. But it'll be nice actually having two exciting guards for the first time in....well, since Oscar Robertson played in Milwaukee.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

I hope Bogut can shake the injury bug and be a good player. But it'll be nice actually having two exciting guards for the first time in....well, since Oscar Robertson played in Milwaukee.
        I'm so frustrated by my team that I have half the mind to boycott them next season. I really liked what I saw from Udoh. I saw him live just this Sunday and came away impressed. He acquitted him well against the likes of Griffin and DJ.
        Last edited by JudeBaldo; 03-14-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

It strikes me that Marc Jackson is desperately trying to change the franchise from one built for run-and-gun to one built for playoff-style, defense-focused, half-court basketball. Bogut, if he can stay healthy, is a great center for that kind of approach. Ideally, IMO, they'd now get themselves a pass-first PG and use Steph Curry as the 2. But wow is in scary to have Bogut and Curry as your foundation. They could be the Warriors' version of Roy and Oden.

Comment

Yeah, you've got to love this as a Bucks fan. Ilyasova and Gooden have been so great in the frontcourt that trading away Bogut and his injury risk for one of the best driving and scoring guards in the NBA was a no-brainer. And to get Udoh as well for Gooden insurance is outstanding.

Comment

I think Monta Ellis is a little overrated, and Bogut is a little underrated. Yes, Ellis is a scorer, but he is a bad defensive player, and he doesn't seem to make great decisions on the court. He takes a lot of shots, and doesn't make a great percentage, and gets a lot of turnovers. The "advanced" NBA stats all rate Ellis pretty poorly.

Comment

Knicks make a deadline deal. D'Antoni is out. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  It strikes me that Marc Jackson is desperately trying to change the franchise from one built for run-and-gun to one built for playoff-style, defense-focused, half-court basketball. Bogut, if he can stay healthy, is a great center for that kind of approach. Ideally, IMO, they'd now get themselves a pass-first PG and use Steph Curry as the 2. But wow is in scary to have Bogut and Curry as your foundation. They could be the Warriors' version of Roy and Oden.
                  That made me really sad.

If we're focused on defense then we would have kept Udoh. One theory being bandied around by Bay Area media is that this trade was done to ensure a losing season that would protect our draft pick.

Comment

I wonder if Howard is going to sign this waiver thing or if he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      Yeah, you've got to love this as a Bucks fan. Ilyasova and Gooden have been so great in the frontcourt that trading away Bogut and his injury risk for one of the best driving and scoring guards in the NBA was a no-brainer. And to get Udoh as well for Gooden insurance is outstanding.
                      Yeah, I do. I hear what Oakland A's is saying about Ellis, but he'll need to handle the ball less with Milwaukee which should help the turnover issue. Udoh in the front line rotation will be very nice.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, I do. I hear what Oakland A's is saying about Ellis, but he'll need to handle the ball less with Milwaukee which should help the turnover issue. Udoh in the front line rotation will be very nice.
                        Again, Udoh is decent, but also a little overrated in my opinion. A guy who is 6-10 needs to shoot better than 44%, and needs to grab more than 3.9 rebounds per game. He does block some shots. But I just don't think it's that horrible a deal for the Warriors.

Comment

Three-teamer:
                          Nene to WAS
                          JaVale McGee to DEN
                          N.Young to LAC
                          I don't know what LAC gave up

Also, LAL traded D.Fisher to HOU for Jordan Hill

POR traded Camby to HOU in a three-teamer with MIN that lands Thabeet and Jonny Flynn in POR.

Comment

Ramon Sessions went to the Lakers for Walton and a first round pick. Nice pickup for LA

Comment

The Blazers fired Nate McMillan during the trade deadline.

Comment

Working...
                              X