Another RJ Boxscore League Keeper List Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another RJ Boxscore League Keeper List Query

Boxscore league, 15-team mixed league. 2010 was my first year, finished 4th. I'd like to do better, but the competition looks extremely tough this year...some superb keeper lists.

This is the league with Jason, Byron, B-Fly, Doig, RC, Brad, etc.

Here's what I'm thinking of keeping: ("B" means 2nd year, "C" means 3rd)

SS Alexi Casilla $1B
    OF Cameron Maybin $1B
    OF Austin Jackson $3B
    OF Corey Hart $4B
    OF Nick Swisher $6B
    OF Matt Holliday $33B

P Ian Kennedy $2B
    P Brett Myers $5B
    CL Joel Hanrahan $1B
    CL Andrew Bailey $3B

This would be 10 guys (the max number of keepers) for $59.

I also have as possibles:

Koji Uehara $1B (probably keep if he gets the closer job)
    Brandon League $1B
    David Murphy $5B
    Alcides Escobar $10B

Everybody else is worse.

Questions:

1. Are these the right ten to keep?
    2. If Uehara gets the closer job, do I keep him? Instead of whom?
    3. Does this look like a keeper list that has a chance to compete?

I'd have $201 to spend. Based upon my projected freeze lists for the league, inflation will be right at 30%, assuming there aren't a ton of players extended.

If I do "average" at the auction, I'd add about $140 in value to my team ($201 x 70%). Of course, in order to be competitive, I'll need to do far better than that.

Obviously I have filled up my outfield, but it appears that virtually all the decent outfielders will be kept...the top end will be the Shane Victorino caliber players. Not bad guys, but they will likely be very high.

So, any comment or criticism would be appreciated.

I would easily drop Casilla for another closer. I doubt you have to worry about that going in. Still a .260 ba with 20 sb potential for a buck is not so bad.

I think you will have to have a good auction to compete with the sharks. You do have a lot of money.

I would probably try to package Uehara and one of your OF not named Holliday or Hart and get a good priced stud bat for another position.

Comment

Definitely keep Uehara if he gets the job. How soon do you have to decide on keepers? I'd be at least a little concerned about Maybin, especially if Hawpe has a decent spring and they consider playing Venable in CF. In a 15-team league, a $1 closer ought to have at least a little trade value and maybe you can turn that into a more useful position player... though it may have to wait until after the draft when you see who missed out on a closer entirely.

- Mike
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

If Uehara gets the closer job, I'd cut loose Maybin. I might even keep League ahead of Maybin.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X