*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Sent msg to RR... hopefully he responds back today. When are we starting the draft?
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Yea, spreadsheet needed before we start.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Yea, spreadsheet needed before we start.
      No Oakland this time ... it shouldn't be too hard to adjust a previous decades draft. I use my own SS, so y'all will have to figure this one out yourselves.

We can keep track of the KO's manually if need be ... that won't be a problem. just need to edit an old Decades sheet to accommodate 12 or 13 teams.

Surely we can start before we have the spreadsheet? We won't been needing that for a long time.

Comment

I sent RR an email as well... I find his gmail addy. No response yet but told him to drop me an email or stop by the site
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I'm here guys.
          Totally lost - I have no spreadsheets.
          Sry - I asked to be emailed when I signed up - got an email from SDS tonight.
          Can someone send me spreadsheets? Please? For the past results of decades, and perhaps the spreadsheet for this draft?
          Simon

Comment

simon dot boyce at gmail dot com
            I just don't know what BY to pick - or if there is really a choice. Just unprepared but happy to participate! (or can someone tell me what old VDs did decades? I have a bunch of folders on my external harddrive with the old ones I participated in)

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
              I'm here guys.
              Totally lost - I have no spreadsheets.
              Sry - I asked to be emailed when I signed up - got an email from SDS tonight.
              Can someone send me spreadsheets? Please? For the past results of decades, and perhaps the spreadsheet for this draft?
              Simon
              You didn't leave an email address.

Comment

I'd like to know what people find so complicated about KO's ... it's just 6 extra picks, especially with only 13 participants.

Revo can you delete RR's pick from the Draft Thread. Thx.
                Last edited by johnnya24; 03-10-2012, 02:41 AM.

Comment

The rules don't state if the 2010s are a separate decade. I think we did that last time.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    The rules don't state if the 2010s are a separate decade. I think we did that last time.
                    Yeah ... I'll update ... sorry.

I will also add that to the KO no go list.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Riff Raff is seriously dropping out, after making his first pick, because we have knock outs?

Give me a ****ing break.
                      It would have happened sooner or later. Given this group, how many of us could have resisted the urge to use every ko to tweak him?
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I didn't know what knockouts were (Mike just explained). I thought they were used to take out a player on another teams squad. I have never been in a VD where KOs were used and I was mistaken in understanding what the meant.

Comment

Short of it - if you'll have me - i'll participate. KOs don't seem bad as I misunderstood them to be.
                          I also managed to find a spreadsheet from VD17 to help "guide" me (though I didn't do great in that one) - but better than nothing.
                          I will check in here this evening and then tmrw to see how much elD yells at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                            Short of it - if you'll have me - i'll participate. KOs don't seem bad as I misunderstood them to be.
                            I also managed to find a spreadsheet from VD17 to help "guide" me (though I didn't do great in that one) - but better than nothing.
                            I will check in here this evening and then tmrw to see how much elD yells at me.
                            Sure, welcome back!

I'd say let's just get this up and running on Monday morning to give everyone a couple of days to refine/understand their strategies.

Comment

Does anyone have a copy of the VD 22 (old) spreadsheet named: draft_position_all_22 (22 is a guess but the prior versions of this were _year).
                              If so, would you kindly email it to simon dot boyce at gmail dot com?

Comment

Working...
                              X