RJ West league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ West league

So, I've been thinking about trying to put together a west-coast in-person RJ league to rival the PONY league. I'm not sure how much interest there would be so I figured I'd throw it out there and see. It's obviously too late for this season but we should be able to get it running for next year.

I know travel is not an option for everyone but I figured we could have in in Phoenix as all of the Cactus League sites are there now so we'd have a full array of games to attend every day. And AZ has almost perfect weather during that time. initially I was thinking of just recruiting those who could drive but the West is big so people might want to fly in anyways even if they're relatively close.

As for the buy-in and format, we can figure that out in time if we get enough people. So, who's interested?

DMT
    eldiablo
    bryanbutler
    The Dane
    Fresno Bob
    TS Garp
    mjl
    OaklandAs
    The Feral Slasher
    SlideRule
    senorsheep
    GITH
    Last edited by DMT; 03-01-2012, 11:11 AM.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

depending on details i could be in for this. phoenix isn't too far a drive from ABQ, and elD and i could road trip .
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I also might be in, depending on the details. Phoenix is still a two-hour plane trip from where I am, but it might be worth it because of the Spring Training games opportunities.

I suppose the particulars would be the issue for me, but it sounds like a great idea.

Comment

I've also sent emails or PMs to: fresno bob, overkill, judebaldo, minor threat, senorsheep, TS Garp, OaklandAs, the heat, and even heyelander because I erroneously thought he'd moved to LA, but let me know what other west coast junkies I've missed. What ever happened to that RJ map?
        Last edited by DMT; 02-25-2012, 12:10 PM.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          I also might be in, depending on the details. Phoenix is still a two-hour plane trip from where I am, but it might be worth it because of the Spring Training games opportunities.

I suppose the particulars would be the issue for me, but it sounds like a great idea.
          Considering there will be travel involved, I don't think we can expect it be a large league (hoping to get 12). My other in-person league is old friends who go way back and even we struggle at times with attendance. Since we can do it online it isn't critical that everyone attends every year, but nothing beats an in-person auction, and I'd prefer to find people willing to commit to that. Phoenix in March isn't a tough sell to baseball fans.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Put me in tenatively and ill be able to make a more definate commitment when we have more details
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Not sure. Would love an in-person baseball league (had the same football one for 20 years) but it'll depend on the details. Also, San Diego, LA, and the bay area are a lot more interesting than Phoenix. Just saying!

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                Not sure. Would love an in-person baseball league (had the same football one for 20 years) but it'll depend on the details. Also, San Diego, LA, and the bay area are a lot more interesting than Phoenix. Just saying!
                Do those cities have spring training?
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Which details would be dealbreakers?
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Which details would be dealbreakers?
                    It'll just depend what else I may have happening on that date. Hard to commit 100% so far ahead of time.

Comment

It'll just depend what else I may have happening on that date. Hard to commit 100% so far ahead of time.
                      Oh ok...hopefully we can work around everyone's schedules.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

I would love to but due to a bit of poor family planning we are having our first baby on March 29, so I'm having to cut back a little this year. Maybe next year!
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          I would love to but due to a bit of poor family planning we are having our first baby on March 29, so I'm having to cut back a little this year. Maybe next year!
                          Yea, barring a miracle, I was planning for this to start next year.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Up to 7, sweet!
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

I'd like to, but I'd say my chances of getting out to Phoenix in March are 50-50 at best. We'll see...

Comment

Working...
                              X