Rich Harden - already injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Harden - already injured

couldn't even make it through his first throwing session and will now be shut down for a few weeks

SHOCKED ----I am absolutely shocked. Damm! I lost another keeper----now I'm down to only Nick Johnson. :flame:
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

That smugness is exactly what I remember when I saw him up close at a Cubs ST game a few years ago.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

He'll disappear for two years and sign a minor league deal with Milwaukee or San Diego. Play the dirge, boys.

Comment

In other news, water is wet and Alex Rodriguez is rich.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

He will be in our AL only auction this year. Do you even bid $5?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              He will be in our AL only auction this year. Do you even bid $5?
              No. No. No.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                He will be in our AL only auction this year. Do you even bid $0.05?
                Corrected.

Comment

As I am in a rebuild mode in my AL-only league I 'm willing to nominate at $1 and be OK if I hear crickets (or, more likely, snickers) but will smile if I hear $2
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Harden is a fine cheapie pitcher, and this injury only cements this status. He's great when healthy, so if you can get him cheap and get 10 starts out of him before he's injured, you still come out ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                      Harden is a fine cheapie pitcher, and this injury only cements this status. He's great when healthy, so if you can get him cheap and get 10 starts out of him before he's injured, you still come out ahead.
                      I think that that ship has long ago sailed. Only twice in the last 7 seasons has Harden pitched over 100 innings, and most of those seasons significantly less. He's walking a ton of guys now, and he doesn't have the dominant fastball anymore to get out of jams. I'm not sure that he's worth that 10 starts that you may get out of him...the Rangers didn't think his 18 starts were worth much last year. They eventually dropped him from the rotation, and the postseason roster.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        I think that that ship has long ago sailed. Only twice in the last 7 seasons has Harden pitched over 100 innings, and most of those seasons significantly less. He's walking a ton of guys now, and he doesn't have the dominant fastball anymore to get out of jams. I'm not sure that he's worth that 10 starts that you may get out of him...the Rangers didn't think his 18 starts were worth much last year. They eventually dropped him from the rotation, and the postseason roster.
                        I agree. I've avoided even a token bid on him for a few years. There are enough durable pitchers available in any auction that I don't need a lead anchor like him. Let someone else call him and hear crickets.
                        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

And it gets worse.

Originally posted by Rotoworld"
                          Rich Harden had another setback Monday with his sore lat muscle and has been shut down indefinitely.
                          Harden is scheduled to meet with a doctor on Monday afternoon. He was hoping to throw off a mound Tuesday, but the A's have already canceled those plans and can't say for certain when he might be ready to play catch again. It's highly unlikely that Harden will be ready for the start of the regular season, even as a reliever.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                          X