Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12-team mixed -- worth worrying about positional scarcity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-team mixed -- worth worrying about positional scarcity?

I just took over a team in an existing keeper league. 12-team mixed, 5x5 using BA, can only keep 6 plus minor leaguers. I think my keepers are above average for the league, at least compared to the people I've been idly chatting about trading with:

Mark Reynolds 16 (final year)
    Pedro Alvarez 8 (option +5 next year)
    Shin-Soo Choo 11 (final year)
    Mike Stanton 8 (option +5 next year)
    Drew Stubbs 9 (option +5 next year)
    Roy Halladay 33 (option +5 next year but I wouldn't do that)

and a couple guys I'm less likely to keep:

Starlin Castro 7 (option +5 next year)
    Logan Morrison 7 (option +5 next year)
    Tyler Colvin 6 (option +5 next year)

Would I rather have Furcal (11 and an option) than one of my existing keepers? It looks like most teams are keeping non-top-end players (Pujols, Hanley, Tulo, Longoria, etc. should all be in the auction) and I can trade one of the guys I'm not likely to keep for Furcal, but then I have to push out one of the other guys, and it looks like the market is such that trying to trade two for one isn't going to happen.

Also, would I rather have Danny Espinoza (7 and an option) than one of my guys?

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    I just took over a team in an existing keeper league. 12-team mixed, 5x5 using BA, can only keep 6 plus minor leaguers. I think my keepers are above average for the league, at least compared to the people I've been idly chatting about trading with:

Mark Reynolds 16 (final year)
    Pedro Alvarez 8 (option +5 next year)
    Shin-Soo Choo 11 (final year)
    Mike Stanton 8 (option +5 next year)
    Drew Stubbs 9 (option +5 next year)
    Roy Halladay 33 (option +5 next year but I wouldn't do that)

and a couple guys I'm less likely to keep:

Starlin Castro 7 (option +5 next year)
    Logan Morrison 7 (option +5 next year)
    Tyler Colvin 6 (option +5 next year)

Would I rather have Furcal (11 and an option) than one of my existing keepers? It looks like most teams are keeping non-top-end players (Pujols, Hanley, Tulo, Longoria, etc. should all be in the auction) and I can trade one of the guys I'm not likely to keep for Furcal, but then I have to push out one of the other guys, and it looks like the market is such that trying to trade two for one isn't going to happen.

Also, would I rather have Danny Espinoza (7 and an option) than one of my guys?

- Mike
    I think that Furcal would be an upgrade over Reynolds at this point. You're going to get killed in BA if you keep him, and Furcal will help there, and add in the other cats as well. As it is, with those keepers, you're going to struggle with average, unless you get an Ichiro or Mauer to offset the guys you currently have.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
    X