AL only 10 team keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL only 10 team keeper help

Well, the timing of the move here came just as I posted an updated question to my previous keeper question. So, here goes again.

Max of 10 keepers

Potential keepers:

Miggy-39
    Beckham-10 (must keep, cannot extend)
    Andrus-10 (must keep, cannot extend)
    Alexi Ramirez-24
    Elsbury-15 (must keep, cannot extend)
    Nelson Cruz-30
    Josh Hamilton-23
    Liriano-9
    Gavin Floyd-10
    Valverde-18
    Benoit-2
    Dice-K-5

Initially, I thought of Miggy, Beckham, Andrus, Elsbury, Hamilton, Cruz, Liriano, Floyd, Valverde and Dice-K.

However, the list of available corner infielders is approaching 17 of the top 25 guys (including Miggy if I don't keep him) including the likes of Longoria, Gonzalez, Rodriguez, Texiera, Butler, Morneau, Dunn.

So, might it be more worthwhile to keep a player like Ramirez, who is just about at value and have an extremely solid MI and simply buy my corner infield at the auction? Or, should I stick to the original plan and drop Ramirez?

Thoughts?

Nah, I'd keep Miggy at that price, even with all the available CI's. There's no better CI in the AL, and I think he'd go for well beyond that at auction. If you still want to splurge on another CI or two, you'd still have room to do so. I'd consider keeping Alexei over Valverde, though, depending on how high the price generally is for closers in your league.

Comment

Drop Benoit and Dice-K and keep Miggy and Ramirez. You won't have as much money to spend but you'll already have a very solid base of production and you can focus on pitching and filling out your offense.

Comment

I'd drop Benoit and Ramirez. If you don't have to keep 10, I'd drop Dice-K, too. Dropping Ramirez gives you more to spend elsewhere and keeps you in the loop when the MI names come up, plus maybe you can get Ramirez back for the same or a bit less.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Think I'd go with your original list but consider dropping Valverde.

Comment

Working...
          X