2K11: Ryan Kalish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Ryan Kalish

I cannot imagine Kalish getting enough ABs in 2011 to accumulate these totals but Bill James has him at:

.271/.340/.452, 20 HR, 43 SB, 94 R and 82 RBI in 641 PA’s

That would be a beast and would also require an injury to JD Drew (for the season) AND a top 3 spot in the batting order. (unlikely)

Love Kalish and he's one of the top prospects in the system but this is so bullish for 2011 that I struggle understanding the logic of that projection.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

This illustrates the problem with up and coming players on high profile, high spending teams. When is boston going to let him play? Does he sit for the 2011 season on the bench or play everyday in triple A, hoping boston doesn't re-sign drew or sign some other flavor next off-season.

Personally, I hope he plays every day and gets a chance next spring...

Comment

I totally get the concern. He looks like someone the Royals would have leading off and CF, but with Ellsbury healthy, he is the 5th option. That being said, his defense looks up to snuff for either corner, and OF do get hurt (obviously).

Worth watching, but not bidding.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I had to cut him loose, because as a 5th outfielder, he has no value to me. Hopefully, the Red Sox will let him get regular AB's in AAA and he'll have a job in 2012 when both Drew and Cameron are gone...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          .Hopefully, the Red Sox will let him get regular AB's in AAA and he'll have a job in 2012 when both Drew and Cameron are gone...
          This is the big question. The Red Sox have almost their entire roster under contract for 2012 and have 46M coming off the books next year with Drew, Cameron, Ortiz and Papelbon on expiring contracts. Outside of locking up Gonzalez...will they give the job to Kalish in 2012 or spend some of that boatload of cash they will have.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
            This is the big question. The Red Sox have almost their entire roster under contract for 2012 and have 46M coming off the books next year with Drew, Cameron, Ortiz and Papelbon on expiring contracts. Outside of locking up Gonzalez...will they give the job to Kalish in 2012 or spend some of that boatload of cash they will have.
            It all depends on what the internal feeling is on Kalish, and other Sox OF prospects. If they really feel that they can do the job at that level, I think that they sink the money into pitching. Wakefield is ancient, Dice-K is too unpredictable, and Lackey seems to be on a bigger downslide than I thought that he'd be. They might address the SS position as well, depending on who might be available. I'm not as sold on Lowrie as others here seem to be.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

expecting a trade?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                They might address the SS position as well, depending on who might be available. I'm not as sold on Lowrie as others here seem to be.
                Scutaro has an option but if Reyes stays healthy that might be a target for Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  expecting a trade?
                  If they dealt Jacoby Ellsbury then this would make sense. It's logical they're but still lofty.
                  Last edited by DJBeasties; 02-13-2011, 08:35 PM. Reason: there/their/they're
                  Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
                  X