Talk to me about this trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to me about this trade

I am in a new league which is a bit different for than previous leagues. It's 14-team, mixed, 12-keepers. This is my first year and I want to be able to adapt quickly. The issue I think that immediately creates a little challenge for me is that at least two of the owners in the league are RJ guys and so I will not have the great advantage of RJ all to myself.

I just traded a $25 Adrian Gonzalez for a $7 Andrew McCutchen and a $10 Tommy Hanson.

I like this trade for me because I inherited this team and would like to start building it the way I want it. Gonzo is a stud, and with the inflation is keeper-worthy, but I would like to have as much money at the draft as I can so I can calibrate to the league.

So I guess I have more than one question in here, but do you like the trade and at what point do you stop with the cost-cutting measures? I'm afraid of overdoing the "find great young talent at great prices" angle and therefore not challenging for "this year".

Thoughts?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
    I am in a new league which is a bit different for than previous leagues. It's 14-team, mixed, 12-keepers. This is my first year and I want to be able to adapt quickly. The issue I think that immediately creates a little challenge for me is that at least two of the owners in the league are RJ guys and so I will not have the great advantage of RJ all to myself.

I just traded a $25 Adrian Gonzalez for a $7 Andrew McCutchen and a $10 Tommy Hanson.

I like this trade for me because I inherited this team and would like to start building it the way I want it. Gonzo is a stud, and with the inflation is keeper-worthy, but I would like to have as much money at the draft as I can so I can calibrate to the league.

So I guess I have more than one question in here, but do you like the trade and at what point do you stop with the cost-cutting measures? I'm afraid of overdoing the "find great young talent at great prices" angle and therefore not challenging for "this year".

Thoughts?
    I like the deal a lot, in your direction. While a 25 buck Gonzo is very nice, a 7 buck McCutchen is nothing to sneeze at, add in Hanson, and the extra 8 bucks that you get to spend, and I think that you come out the clear winner in this case. That being said, I think that you need to have several big knockers, no matter the price, no matter how much profit they may produce. So don't be shy about spending the extra buck to get a guy that you really believe will produce, like they say, flags fly forever.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

What are the keeper, salary. and contract rules?
      Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Yeah, assuming no odd rules, seems like a pretty reasonable deal on both ends, but I'd take yours.
        If he has a stellar keeper list already and would struggle to get down to the keeper max, it might be a win for him, too.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
        X