Lion Fans Revolt over Nickelback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion Fans Revolt over Nickelback

A campaign to keep Nickelback from performing at the halftime show of the Lions-Packers game has failed.

The Detroit Lions released a statement saying the Canadian rock band will perform at halftime of the Thanksgiving Day game — despite an Internet petition with more than 50,000 signatures, the Associated Press reported.

The band’s performance was first reported in an unconfirmed report in the Detroit News last week.

In a statement, Nickelback lead singer Chad Kroeger said the band is “honored.”

Fans weren’t as happy with the announcement. Michigan resident Dennis Guttman created a petition on Change.org calling for a replacement. In the past eight days, it’s gained more than 52,000 signatures.

Was the revolt because they're Canadian, or because they suck?
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

They suck. I will listen to my.Dream Theater bootleg of the whole Master of Puppets album during halftime.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Stink on ice. Suck to the power of ten. Self-indulgent, bombastic tripe. And not the good kind, either.

Comment

What do you expect from an ownership that's probably still listening to Perry Cuomo?
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Hilarious!

Comment

I'm not a Nickelback fan, but give me a break. Can I start a petition for every sh*tty Super Bowl halftime act that they've dragged onto the stage over the past 20 years? Seriously.

Perhaps Mr. Guttman would prefer an artist from Detroit? Kid Rock or Eminem perhaps? Because those would somehow be better choices?

Why not, instead, just be happy that you have a football team that's competing for a playoff spot this year instead of picking out drapes for the NFC North cellar for the umpteenth year in a row. What a tool.
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                What do you expect from an ownership that's probably still listening to Perry Cuomo?
                Nothing wrong with Perry Como!!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                  They suck. I will listen to my.Dream Theater bootleg of the whole Master of Puppets album during halftime.
                  Better yet, listen to Master of Puppets from Metallica!!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                  X