So.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.....

.....is it a good day to stir up the Eli-Rivers debate again?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

What Eli and the Giants are doing this season is amazing considering the amount of devastating injuries they've been dealing with since camp freakin started.

Comment

As an "Eli supporter" from the last debate, I will defend Rivers by saying he's a much better QB than what he's putting out there today, and I'm as shocked as anyone at his poor level of play.

OTOH, I will say that Eli supporters have been rewarded with a high quality of play in basically three of the last four seasons, and it's nice to see Eli being mentioned as a Top 5 QB.

Still, Eli makes mistakes that a truly elite QB should avoid, but that said, he's progressed every single year of his career to a new level, and that says more than a lot of QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        As an "Eli supporter" from the last debate, I will defend Rivers by saying he's a much better QB than what he's putting out there today, and I'm as shocked as anyone at his poor level of play.

OTOH, I will say that Eli supporters have been rewarded with a high quality of play in basically three of the last four seasons, and it's nice to see Eli being mentioned as a Top 5 QB.

Still, Eli makes mistakes that a truly elite QB should avoid, but that said, he's progressed every single year of his career to a new level, and that says more than a lot of QBs.
        Brady was making a lot of mistakes yesterday as well.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I think Rivers is hurt. I can't imagine why else he's turned into a turnover machine this year.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            I think Rivers is hurt. I can't imagine why else he's turned into a turnover machine this year.
            but he continues to publicly insist that he's not. Shouldn't we take him at his word?

From his press conference yesterday:
            "I appreciate everybody trying to come up with a theory and a reason but I’m not hurt," an exasperated Rivers said following San Diego's loss on Sunday. "I’ve thrown a handful of picks that I normally don’t throw and I’ll probably throw some more throughout my career and there won’t always be a reason why. I prepare, I give everything I’ve got, give our guys everything I’ve got, and they fooled me once today and the other one got tipped.
            The one at the end, I wish I would’ve thrown it up high and deep and given Vincent a chance but I didn’t.

"Health is not an issue, it’s never been an issue on any interception I’ve ever thrown in eighteen years of football."

Comment

Athletes lie about their health all the time, especially if they don't want their teammates to perceive them as making excuses.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
              X