Por Favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Por Favor

20 team dynasty....I am in the 3rd waiver slot for all the new minor leaguers and my team is a mess. My question is 2-fold

1- I have been offered AJ Burnett, Bard and Tabata along with the #17 waiver pick for my #3 waiver pick Colvin and Gio Gonzalez. I dont think I am getting enough. thoughts?

2- I have my top 3 waivers set up in the following order Harper Nishioka and Moustakas. Anyone I should be considering ahead of them?

thanks
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

I would not want to acquire Burnett. I like the rest of it, but he's toxic. Gio is very solid - Colvin could go either way but could decline in a hurry if he cannot make more contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      I would not want to acquire Burnett. I like the rest of it, but he's toxic. Gio is very solid - Colvin could go either way but could decline in a hurry if he cannot make more contact.
      I am scared of him too. What if it was Garza? The offer would be Garza, Bard Tabata and #17 for Gio, Colvin and Moustakas?

also, should I be looking at Trout Chisenhall or Belt ahes of Mous?

thanks J
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I would not take the deal. I think Mous helps earlier than Trout, but it is a coin flip.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
          I would not take the deal. I think Mous helps earlier than Trout, but it is a coin flip.
          thanks jamie

Comment

I don't like the deal either. I love Trout, but he's someone you'll enjoy later than Moustakas.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

For a dynasty league Pete, if you can get Trout with the 3rd pick, I think that you stick with it. He's a 5 tool guy who should be good for 15 years, and he's with an organization that spends the cash to win, no matter what.

I agree that you're not getting nearly enough with this trade offer...Burnett is getting old, and could continue to decline, Tabata looks good so far, but he just doesn't have that much power, but Bard is the real deal, a closer for the next decade if all goes right.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Don't like the deal either. If your building and can wait, Trout should be the better player in the long run.

Comment

I do not think Trout makes it to #3, Moustakus is not a bad alternative.

I do not like the deal for you.

Comment

Well Harper will be 1. You think Trout goes 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Well Harper will be 1. You think Trout goes 2?
                      If I had the #2 pick he would.

Moustakus or Belt are good with that #3 pick. I would not make that trade on your end.

Comment

the offer has been revised by him. Garza/Tabata and the 17th waiver pick (montero or Lyles or Dee Gordon should be there) for Colvin and the 3. I gotta take that. Anyone disagree?

Comment

the offer has been revised by him. Garza/Tabata and the 17th waiver pick (montero or Lyles or Dee Gordon should be there) for Colvin and the 3. I gotta take that. Anyone disagree?
                          I disagree...if either Moustakis or Trout are there, it's money in the bank for you. Tabata is not that great, and Garza has been going downhill for a few years now...slowly, but going south. Whoever you're dealing with really wants that pick badly, make them pay for it. And Montero isn't going to be there at #17, Lyles might (but remember TINSTAAPP), and Gordon is that one trick pony we all know so well.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

If this isn't a new league, I guess I'm a little surprised first off that Trout, Montero, Lyles, Gordon, etc are not rostered. This makes me wonder a bit who is available and the depth of this waiver draft. I agree that Trout should be right behind Harper as he should arrive about the same time if not earlier and I'm not convinced with any less of an impact. I'm less bullish on Moustakas than others but is Hosmer there by chance?

That aside, is the deal Garza + Tabata + 17th pick for Colvin and #3? If so, then agree that is too much to pass up. If it is just Tabata OR Garza + 17 for Colvin and #3 I might pause a little since I'd likely need to know more about the league setup (e.g. stat categories, lineup positions, etc) but my initial reaction would be that 1 of them + a later pick is not enough given the very high upside of the available prospects (caveat all of this with the fact that I am more intrigued by rostering top prospects than most).

Comment

I'd easily pass on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X