Can someone tell me.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me.....

.....why Belli didnt challenge on the Gronkowski TD? I realize he didnt want to risk a timeout but they had 40 seconds before the next snap to review the play and if they won (clearly a TD), all that time wouldve been put back on the clock. Uncharacteristicly bad job by the Pats staff.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    .....why Belli didnt challenge on the Gronkowski TD? I realize he didnt want to risk a timeout but they had 40 seconds before the next snap to review the play and if they won (clearly a TD), all that time wouldve been put back on the clock. Uncharacteristicly bad job by the Pats staff.
    I think the fact that the Pats were hustling to the line for a quick snap made the TV director forego the replay because he didn't want to miss the snap. So no replay for coaches in the booth to see at all to give a semi-definitive call to Belichek. If the Pats weren't going no-huddle, they probably show the replay and the booth coaches can see it and relay their opinions to him.
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
      I think the fact that the Pats were hustling to the line for a quick snap made the TV director forego the replay because he didn't want to miss the snap. So no replay for coaches in the booth to see at all to give a semi-definitive call to Belichek. If the Pats weren't going no-huddle, they probably show the replay and the booth coaches can see it and relay their opinions to him.
      but even though they went no huddle they took 30 seconds to get the snap off. Couldnt they have looked in the meantime?
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

but even though they went no huddle they took 30 seconds to get the snap off. Couldnt they have looked in the meantime?
        Look where? They aren't in the production truck... If CBS/FOX doesn't run a replay on TV, the booth coaches don't see it...
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Look where? They aren't in the production truck... If CBS/FOX doesn't run a replay on TV, the booth coaches don't see it...
          are you telling me that the coaches in the box dont have access to run the play and just rely on the stadium to run a replay? Why would the home team ever run any replays they think will go against the home team?

Comment

If CBS/FOX doesn't run a replay on TV, the booth coaches don't see it...
            I don't think that's correct.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

are you telling me that the coaches in the box dont have access to run the play and just rely on the stadium to run a replay? Why would the home team ever run any replays they think will go against the home team?
              He's talking about the TV replays, not the stadium. I agree that I'm surprised that booth coaches don't have access to replays.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                He's talking about the TV replays, not the stadium. I agree that I'm surprised that booth coaches don't have access to replays.
                yea if the coaches are sitting waiting for TV replays to challenge, I am shocked.

Comment

yea if the coaches are sitting waiting for TV replays to challenge, I am shocked.
                  Word is (from my co-workers) that the coaches in the booth didn't have enough time to see the replay with the obvious view that it was a touchdown. I guess they didn't get to that replay until after they had to run a play.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Where do you think replays come from? The stadiums would pick up the feed from the TV cameras and can run replays off that. They don't have their own cameras...

Comment

They may be able to run a replay of the live feed, but if that angle is inconclusive, it doesn't matter how many you look at it, it's still not going to help.

Comment

Working...
                      X