Week 8 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 8 musings...

Lucky for the Giants that they won versus the Fish. The upcoming 6 weeks is the schedule of death for the G-Men (at New England, at San Francisco, Philadelphia, at New Orleans, Green Bay and at Dallas).

Maybe Philly isn't dead yet. I'm starting to think this perhaps is the only team in the NFC that could stop Green Bay.

Has there been a better running back this year than LeSean McCoy ?

Nice to see RB Fred Jackson just keep rolling along without much fanfare.

Speaking of another McCoy going in the opposite direction, Colt McCoy.

San Fran hasn't allowed a 100-yard rusher in 29 games. Crazy.

While Niner linebacker Patrick Willis gets all the press, fellow Niner LB, Navarro Bowman is perhaps the best player on that defense this year.

Tim Tebow, welcome to journeyman status.

The AFC North maybe the best/most competitive division in the league, even the Browns who are in last are a somewhat respectable 3-4.

Philly is 13-0 after bye weeks.

Saints :bag:

Here are some ugly O-lines numbers...
    Saints, 6 sacks allowed versus the Rams.
    Redskins, 9 sacks allowed versus the Bills.
    Broncos, 7 sacks allowed versus the Lions.

Kevin Kolb (who might now have turf toe), for Card fans if thought it wasn't going good now, wait until he sits for a few games.

Ok, I'm willing to give RB Chris Johnson a few games early in the season to get into the " groove " after his holdout but now its week 8, at some point here, Johnson has to take responsibility for these meager outings (107 carries for 302 yards).

Bengal wideout, AJ. Green is your offensive rookie of the year. Ya, he is, and its only week 8. So much for the Julio Jones hype.

As a Viking fan, so nice to see Ponder under center than stinky McNabb.

The more I watch Joe Flacco, the more I see him regress. Baltimore wins in spit of him, not because of him.

Lucky for the Giants that they won versus the Fish. The upcoming 6 weeks is the schedule of death for the G-Men (at New England, at San Francisco, Philadelphia, at New Orleans, Green Bay and at Dallas).
    Ah so the 2nd half fade of the Giants will happen once again.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Bengal wideout, AJ. Green is your offensive rookie of the year. Ya, he is, and its only week 8. So much for the Julio Jones hype.
      Ummmm.......Cam Newton begs to differ with you. If Newton isn't the unanimous winner of the award, it's a sham. Green is having a nice season, but Newton's putting up numbers that boggle the mind (on pace for 4,700 yards passing and 600+ yards rushing). First year QBs aren't supposed to do those things.
      Last edited by revo; 10-31-2011, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Ummmm.......Cam Newton begs to differ with you. If Newton isn't the unanimous winner of the award, it's a sham. Green is having a nice season, but Newton's putting up numbers that boggle the mind (on pace for 4,700 yards passing and 600+ yards rushing). First year QBs aren't supposed to do those things.
        +1 NO quarterbacks are supposed to be able to do those things. Some of the touch he showed on his throws yesterday was beautiful to watch...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree, Green has been great but Cam Newton has been spectacular this season.
          14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
          RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
          WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
          TE: Olsen (NA)
          K: Lutz (7)
          DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

That's certainly a tough schedule for the G-Men, but it's not like those teams aren't see Big Blue on their schedule and saying, "whew." As a Giant faithful, I have hope, but that's certainly a murderer's row.

And Eli is playing better than he ever has in his career. He's #4 in Passer Rating now, but if he ever wanted to be considered with the big boys, now's the time to do it.

Speaking of the Giants, time to kick that loudmouth Brandon Jacobs to the curb. Dude, you had a good run, but you're an injury prone 29-year old with a much better RB in front of you. Let it go.

Time to put out the torch, DeAngelo Williams and head to Exile Island.

There's no running game more confounding than New England.

And how about Bill Belichick, defensive guru, with the worst defense in the NFL.

Darrelle Revis is having a season for the ages. He's allowed just TEN receptions and opposing QBs have a passer rating of 2.9 when they throw his way. Just give him the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award already, dammit!

The worst teams defensively, as ranked by Yards per Play, are New England, Green Bay and Buffalo.

Every says Green Bay, but quite frankly, the best team in football is San Francisco: 7th in team offense and 1st in team defense.

Speaking of SF, just give Jim Harbaugh coach of the year while we're at it.

Here's how good Cam Newton is: last year, the Carolina Panthers had the league's worst offense and worst passing offense. Now, they're 8th and 2nd, respectively. Not only should Newton walk away with ROTY honors by a mile, but he's damn near the top for mid-season MVP. If not for that blasted Aaron Rodgers guy......
            Last edited by revo; 10-31-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

True, at this point I don't even think of Cam Newton as a rookie hence why I completely omitted him in the ROY race.

The entire Carolina running game has went MIA.

With no running game, and no defense, NE doesn't stand a prayer in the playoffs.

Comment

And this is just one of the reasons that the Vikings suck:

"Five catches for 76 yards for Adrian out of the backfield? That's huge," Leslie Frasier.

Really coach? Maybe you should have figure that out a few years back, when the fans did. I know that you weren't in charge, but you could have slid up to the offensive coordinator and whispered in his ear...dumbass.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
                  Maybe Philly isn't dead yet. I'm starting to think this perhaps is the only team in the NFC that could stop Green Bay.
                  They never were dead, because that division is awful and Reid teams never gel until after the bye.

The NBC studio analysts said the same thing about Philly being the only real obstacle between Green Bay and the NFC Championship. Indeed, they are built to stop the things Green Bay does well. However, another characteristic of Reid teams is that they choke when they get deep into the playoffs.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

The Steelers beat Tom Brady.

I just wanted to make sure it was documented here as I have spent many a night as a Steeler fan having nightmares about the Brady led Patriots smacking around the Steelers. It was great to see the Steelers get the win. Next up a huge showdown with Baltimore on Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                      The Steelers beat Tom Brady.

I just wanted to make sure it was documented here as I have spent many a night as a Steeler fan having nightmares about the Brady led Patriots smacking around the Steelers. It was great to see the Steelers get the win. Next up a huge showdown with Baltimore on Sunday night.
                      When did Tom Brady stop being TOM BRADY?

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

This might be the week I give up on Philip Rivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                          This might be the week I give up on Philip Rivers.
                          I'm pretty stunned at how horrible he's been. 2 INTs tonight? He's on pace for 16 TDs, 25 INTs. WTF?

Comment

I'm pretty stunned at how horrible he's been. 2 INTs tonight? He's on pace for 16 TDs, 25 INTs. WTF?
                            I just can't believe he doesn't have an injury. Nobody goes from being as good as he's been to as poor as he is now without an underlying injury or advanced sports age. And since Rivers isn't remotely old yet, it has to be an injury. Or Norv Turner, I suppose. Never underestimate the awfulness of Norv Turner.

Comment

I think that he's actually throwing the ball pretty well. One of the Int's wasn't his fault, and the Chiefs have a pretty good defensive scheme on Gates. As usual, V-Jax is doing nothing.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X