Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carson Palmer to Oakland

as per Jay Glazer on Twitter, for a 2012 1st round pick

1st Rounder wow! I thought Al Davis died?

Comment

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
      Carson Palmer to the Raiders now official. Compensation expected to be a 1 in 2012 and a conditional 1 in 2013.

Comment

Paul Brown's kid >>> Al Davis' kids.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Holy schnikes, that's an unbelievable amount of draft pick goodness for the Bengals. Just when the Raiders looked like they were coming out of the fog, they go and do something that could ruin them for years to come. Have they even seen Palmer play the last few years? He's been pretty damned mediocre.

Comment

Wow, when I head they got Palmer I thought what a great job they did to close the gaping hole... after hearing the compensation, I thought how stupid they must be... just head-scratching

Comment

David Garrard injury must be pretty serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                Holy schnikes, that's an unbelievable amount of draft pick goodness for the Bengals. Just when the Raiders looked like they were coming out of the fog, they go and do something that could ruin them for years to come. Have they even seen Palmer play the last few years? He's been pretty damned mediocre.
                it definitely was a major haul for the Bengals. Palmer did throw for just about 4,000 yards and 26 TDs last season (but he did have 20 INTs). This group of Raider WRs seems to be far more talented than the ancient OchoStinko, though.....

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                David Garrard injury must be pretty serious.
                Garrard said yesterday he needs immediate back surgery and would not be available to play this year.

Comment

Is Palmer actually ready to play?
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    Is Palmer actually ready to play?
                    Ask me after they play the Chiefs this weekend.

I wonder what it would take to get Campbell?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

I wonder what it would take to get Campbell?

J
                      A blank contract in the off-season and a nice dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        A blank contract in the off-season and a nice dinner?
                        Carry out?
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Al Davis, much like Elvis, obviously is not dead. That's the only thing, short of insanity and/or heavy drug use that can justify TWO firsts for Palmer. I can see one first, especially since the Raiders with a good QB have a ton of potential, but TWO?

Madness.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Deal is for a first in 2012 and a CONDITIONAL SECOND in 2013. 2013 pick kicks in only if the Raiders reach the AFC Championship in either of the next two years.

Really a high price to pay but if that conditional pick kicks in, I'd say it was worth it.
                            Actually the report was a 2012 first and a 2013 second that becomes a first if they win a playoff game. Did you see differently somewhere? I can't see that ever being worth it. They could win a playoff game with Kyle Boller under center in the right matchup by riding the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              I read what I posted on the Chicago Tribune (or something like that) website. ESPN now is saying it's a 2nd that becomes a 1st if they reach the AFC championship in either of the next two years.

Far, far more than what I would have paid but it's nice to get a good QB and have a good team that appears ready to really compete right now. Plus, they're still very young almost across the board. I don't love it but I'm not really freaking out. I just hope that Palmer is awesome Palmer and not crappy/injured Palmer.
                              Do you have a good QB? I thought that was the whole point in drafting and playing Dalton.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X