Week 6 musings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 musings...

Its official, the NFC East is coming down to the last week of the season.

Since its nearly Halloween, nice to see Rex Grossman turn back into the pumpkin we all know and love.

I'm starting to think the 49'ers are for real. The defense is solid (they haven't allowed a 100-yard rusher in 28 games and counting), Alex Smith isn't killing them and they are getting enough out of everyone else to be good enough to contend. Even though they had 15 penalties on the road, they managed to beat a good Detroit team.

Tom Brady is this era's Montana. Money when it counts, leading them to a game winning drive to beat Dallas.

When was the last time, such a fuss was made over the post-game coach handshake ?

With Jason Campbell done for the year, Oakland's season all depends on who they sign to QB the team for the rest of the year.

Donovan McNabb is god awful. Ponder made the offense more dynamic in his limited 4th quarter work versus the Bears than McNabb has the entire season.

Had that Nate Burleson TD grab been disallowed, it would have been robbery. How many steps is a player expected to take with the ball after he has made the catch ?

Detroit needs to find someone else to get involved, if Calvin Johnson doesn't score.

When Eli Manning doesn't throw an INT, the Giants are 29-8.

After seeing Sean Peyton get injured, I'm kinda surprised more coaches haven't been injured.

When was the last time Dallas had a legit running game ? Seems like ages ago.

I'm strangely intrigued that the entire NFL Films catalogue will be available digitally for the first time.

I'll take Texas in 6, over St. Louis.

FYI, Saints TE Jimmy Graham has 4 100-yard games thus far.

The Rams are looking like the worst team in the league right now.

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
    Tom Brady is this era's Montana. Money when it counts, leading them to a game winning drive to beat Dallas.
    Was there even one shred of doubt that Brady was going to win that game, getting the ball and needing a TD with 3 minutes and change to go? You could have just changed the channel.

Comment

When was the last time, such a fuss was made over the post-game coach handshake?
      When Haley berated McDaniels for running up the score.

Before that, Buddy Ryan used to blow off the post-game shake when he felt like it.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Donovan McNabb is god awful. Ponder made the offense more dynamic in his limited 4th quarter work versus the Bears than McNabb has the entire season.
        Part of that was that the Bears D was playing soft because they had such a big lead. But, what made McNabb a good QB was his athleticism, and that's gone. He's done.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Part of that was that the Bears D was playing soft because they had such a big lead. But, what made McNabb a good QB was his athleticism, and that's gone. He's done.
          They may have been playing soft, but they were still using the first team, and the Vikings had Harvin and AP on the bench and Aromashodu and Gerhart in the game.

I was pretty impressed with Ponder's ability to escape trouble and throw decent passes, although his accuracy still looks questionable.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            When Haley berated McDaniels for running up the score.
            Note that Haley got back, the next meeting, by telling Jamaal Charles to go for 200 yards, which he got.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              They may have been playing soft, but they were still using the first team, and the Vikings had Harvin and AP on the bench and Aromashodu and Gerhart in the game.

I was pretty impressed with Ponder's ability to escape trouble and throw decent passes, although his accuracy still looks questionable.
              He is a slippery fellow, I will give you that.

Pretty impressive given the circumstances.

Comment

Al Davis may be dead, but his ghost still haunts Oakland. The Raiders appear to have only a 5th and a 6th in the 2012 draft.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                X