Would this be a dumb trade for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be a dumb trade for me?

12 team league, start 2 WR, 2 RB, and a W/R flex (with other standard positions). PPR league.

I give Mario Manningham and Willis McGahee, and I get Nate Washington.

My RBs: Rice, Forte, Addai, McGahee, Lynch
    My WRs: Jennings, LMoore, Manningham, MJenkins (not a very solid group)

I never would have imagined trading two players to get Washington, but he's put up very good numbers to this point (though only 2 catches Sunday, but 26 for the season). Manningham seemed to be primed for a breakout season, but he's got his issues now, allowing Victor Cruz to step up as the WR2 in NY.

Concerns: Hasselbeck hasn't played 16 games since 2007. How far will NW's production drop if Matt gets hurt again. What if Manningham regains his WR2 slot? What if McGahee runs away with the RB1 in Denver...though Moreno can't be shut out forever, right?

The trade would make my RB/WR:
    RB: Rice, Forte, Addai, Lynch (DCarter is available...I'd go get him, too)
    WR: Jennings, Washington, LMoore, Jenkins

If it wasn't a PPR league, I wouldn't consider it, but PPR makes WRs quite a bit more important than usual.

If it matters, this is a 4-0 team (mostly because of luck...2nd fewest PPG against in the league), and my other positions are:
    QB: Schaub, Cutler
    TE: Graham, Pettigrew
    K: Gostkowski
    Def: NYG (but I tend to pick up and drop defenses to play matchups because I never draft one early enough to grab an elite defense)

Yeah, not a big fan of this trade. I wouldn't give up on Manningham just yet and like you said McGahee has looked pretty good in Denver.

In fact, I think it would be a fair trade to offer McGahee for Washington straight up. You have the depth at RB, so I'd give that a shot.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
      12 team league, start 2 WR, 2 RB, and a W/R flex (with other standard positions). PPR league.

I give Mario Manningham and Willis McGahee, and I get Nate Washington.

My RBs: Rice, Forte, Addai, McGahee, Lynch
      My WRs: Jennings, LMoore, Manningham, MJenkins (not a very solid group)

I never would have imagined trading two players to get Washington, but he's put up very good numbers to this point (though only 2 catches Sunday, but 26 for the season). Manningham seemed to be primed for a breakout season, but he's got his issues now, allowing Victor Cruz to step up as the WR2 in NY.

Concerns: Hasselbeck hasn't played 16 games since 2007. How far will NW's production drop if Matt gets hurt again. What if Manningham regains his WR2 slot? What if McGahee runs away with the RB1 in Denver...though Moreno can't be shut out forever, right?

The trade would make my RB/WR:
      RB: Rice, Forte, Addai, Lynch (DCarter is available...I'd go get him, too)
      WR: Jennings, Washington, LMoore, Jenkins

If it wasn't a PPR league, I wouldn't consider it, but PPR makes WRs quite a bit more important than usual.
      Don't overvalue Washington. Yes he's worth more now, but he's still Nate Washington. Also don't assume Cruz has surpassed Manningham. Yes, Cruz was a more common target for Manning last week, but Manningham succeeded last year as the third WR before Steve SMith went down, and that was with a TE that Manning actually liked to throw to. The Giants offense allows for three valuable Fantasy WR and we haven't heard the last of Manningham. McGahee is the starting RB right now and Moreno is glass so he has value. I'd pass

ETA: Just saw Gris' response after I posted mine and I agree, McGahee for Washington would be a fair deal

Comment

Thanks guys, kinda what I've been thinking. Just too many questions/concerns for me. My gut was saying "no" on it. Trying to upgrade my WR position to make my team stronger, and I'm just not certain if Washington will do that. I can grab Carter as a handcuff for WHEN Addai gets hurt if Addai was my only real RB Flex option, but McGahee is looking pretty solid in Denver right now.

The biggest concern I expressed to the other owner is that Washington has NEVER had this type of success anywhere...can he sustain it? That said, with Britt out, he's the WR1 in Tennessee, and Hasselbeck (while healthy) is looking rejuvenated right now. The flip side of Britt being out is that there really aren't any WRs on the Titan roster who can keep the pressure off of Washington like he and Britt were doing for each other. Was 2 catches this past Sunday a sign of things to come?

Comment

I'd do McGahee for Washington if you could. I agree that PPR makes WR's of upmost value

Comment

Originally posted by goodwilly98 View Post
            I'd do McGahee for Washington if you could. I agree that PPR makes WR's of upmost value
            This is a good counter (or even Manningham for Washington, which is selling low). But no way would I give up both here.

Comment

Traded Addai for Washington. I didn't have Carter as the handcuff (he got drafted the rd before I targeted him :/ ), and right now it just looks like McGahee is the type of back Fox wants use.

Makes my RBs/WRs:
              RB: Rice, Forte, McGahee, Lynch
              WR: Jennings, Washington, LMoore, Manningham, Jenkins (will undoubtedly be dropped now for something)

Comment

Working...
              X