X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pujols is awesome

Career line: .331/.426/.624

That's unholy.

No, it's not news, but it sure is sweet to look at.

Yeah, the dude's career has been All-Peak. Let's hope the instant the skills fade, he hits the road and leaves these pristine numbers somewhat intact. A couple of .250 victory-lap seasons will bring him down to earth a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
      Yeah, the dude's career has been All-Peak. Let's hope the instant the skills fade, he hits the road and leaves these pristine numbers somewhat intact. A couple of .250 victory-lap seasons will bring him down to earth a bit.
      Guys usually start winding down at 35 so we'll probably see a decline in 2011.

Comment

what's even more amazing is that:
        1) he went undrafted as a HS senior, so he was overlooked by MLB scouts
        2) he went to some place called Maple Woods CC, so he was overlooked by nearly every college in the US (despite hitting .500 in his senior year of HS)
        3) he was finally drafted in the 13th round of the 1999 draft, so he was overlooked by every single MLB team numerous times (despite hitting .461 in his only collegiate season)
        4) once signed, he dominated in his only minor league season and has continued that domination over 10 major league seasons -- without a single year where he underperformed.

I've seen some players get overlooked in the draft and then dominate (i.e. Mike Piazza), but I don't know of a player so overlooked who dominated so quickly at the highest level in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post

Yeah, save it for the guys in your league(s).
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            Yeah, save it for the guys in your league(s).
            Or if DQ drafts him
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
              Or if DQ drafts him
              Last year that I have him in the RJEL boys...he's taken me to two 1st's a 2nd, and a 3rd. I am truly going to miss him on my roster. And lets not forget that he's gotten double digit steals the last couple of years as well.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
              X