Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible NL Only trade offer (Castro for Ethier)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible NL Only trade offer (Castro for Ethier)

NL Only 5x5 (Total Bases, R, Rbi, SB, and OBP) I get a $1 Sterlin Catro in his 2nd year. I give up a $10 Ethier in his final year of contract.

I like it, because I get a nice young player for a $1 that I can keep for a long time, but I am little hesitant because I want to win this year, and I love Ethier. What do you think?

I also can use some help with my keeper list. I know its a little early, but I would like to have an idea. I think have my 7, but don't know where to go for my 8th.

My probable 7 below:

Ethier $10
    Neil Walker $10
    Ryan Zimmerman $20 (probably extend a year to $25)
    Angel Pagan $1 (may extend to $6)
    Nolasco $2 (may extend to $7)
    J. Zimmerman $3
    Halladay $41

I need to chose one from the rest Pence $27, W. Ramos $2, McCann $28, Padilla $1
    Berkman $24, Jon Jay $6, J. Castro $6 C. Ross $15.

Not a great list, but not terrible either.

I agree that it's not a thrilling list, but with Halladay, Zimmerman and Ethier as your anchors and very good values in Pagan and Nolasco, it's a decent base for a possible contender as constituted. I honestly would much rather go into the draft with a $10 Ethier than a $1 Castro. The Castro trade has the feel of a pre-season dump deal.

Comment

I would keep Ethier and dump Halladay from my keeper list. Do you really think he is going to go for more?

I would keep

Ethier $10
      Neil Walker $10
      Ryan Zimmerman $20 no extension
      Angel Pagan $1 I extend to 6
      Nolasco $2 I extend to 7
      J. Zimmerman $3

If youre going to trade Ethier, it should be a 2-1 deal where you lose ethier and get 2 solid contracts back as the end of your list is less than thrilling.,
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        I would keep Ethier and dump Halladay from my keeper list. Do you really think he is going to go for more?
        In an NL-only, I think Halladay would easily draw a $41 bid in a re-draft league, let alone a keeper league with inflation.

Comment

I am not that big on Castro as a fantasy player especially this year. Here is an article I recently read on Fangraphs.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            In an NL-only, I think Halladay would easily draw a $41 bid in a re-draft league, let alone a keeper league with inflation.
            he might go for a few dollars more but I much prefer the cash flexiblity and then having to pay a few extra bucks for Roy than to lock in big money. I havent seen a pitcher exceed $45 since Randy Johnson in his prime, in this league.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I would keep

Ethier $10
              Neil Walker $10
              Ryan Zimmerman $20 no extension
              Angel Pagan $1 I extend to 6
              Nolasco $2 I extend to 7
              J. Zimmerman $3

If youre going to trade Ethier, it should be a 2-1 deal where you lose ethier and get 2 solid contracts back as the end of your list is less than thrilling.,
              Why wouldn't extend Zimmerman? He is a borderline stud. Keeping Zimm at $25 is still a nice bargain

Comment

Originally posted by GTAXI View Post
                Why wouldn't extend Zimmerman? He is a borderline stud. Keeping Zimm at $25 is still a nice bargain
                I think he is a very good player but not a stud. I wouldnt go crazy if someone extended him, but I prefer to use the extra money at the auction.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I will pass.

Now I am going to highjack my own thread. I just received another offer for Ethier. I get a $4 Bumgarner (2nd year) and $14 Oswalt (2nd year) for Ethier. Pretty decent offer. Thoughts.

Comment

I also would hang onto Ethier over Castro.

As for the pitchers, I might consider this. Oswalt is at a good price, especially when you look at what Halladay is costing. Don't get me wrong, Halladay is the better pitcher, but for the price, Oswalt is better for your team, and couple that with Bumgarner who is an absolute stud and could very well be straight-up better than Halladay next year, I think it is something you have to consider seriously. I'd let the other guy know I was interested and see if he might throw in a lower-level keeper hitter (Player X, a keeper better than Pence, Ross, McCann, etc.) and go with as your keepers: Walker, Zimmerman, Pagan, Player X, Zimmermann, Nolasco, Oswalt and Bumgarner.... and have 20 or so more dollars at draft.

Comment

Bumgarner better than Halladay in 2k11? Are you smoking crack? Better value perhaps but not a better pitcher.

edit: did you mean 2k12? I still find it hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by GTAXI View Post
                        Thanks for the help guys. I will pass.

Now I am going to highjack my own thread. I just received another offer for Ethier. I get a $4 Bumgarner (2nd year) and $14 Oswalt (2nd year) for Ethier. Pretty decent offer. Thoughts.
                        That is a solid offer. Especially since you can keep those pitchers past this year unlike Ethier. Bumgarner can be great trade bait during the season. What if you expanded the deal and see if he wants Halladay for a hitter he has. Keeping Halladay becomes less of a need if you get Bumgarner and Oswalt.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                          That is a solid offer. Especially since you can keep those pitchers past this year unlike Ethier. Bumgarner can be great trade bait during the season. What if you expanded the deal and see if he wants Halladay for a hitter he has. Keeping Halladay becomes less of a need if you get Bumgarner and Oswalt.
                          I agree its very solid, and the fact I can keep the guys past this year makes it more appealing. I don't think I can expand the deal, because he has a lot of pitching, and was the main reason he was able to unload Ozzy and Bum.

If I do accept the deal I will probably keep Halladay. I like the idea of having a stud as my anchor. Plus having a staff of Halladay, Oswalt, Bum, Nolasco, and Jordan Zimmerman will give me the luxury of just focusing on hitting for the draft.

Thanks for you input.

Comment

edit: did you mean 2k12? I still find it hard to believe.
                            Yes. I didn't say he "would be" better, but just that he "very well could be" better. Midway through 2012, Halladay will be 35, past his considerable peak, likely still a force, but the cracks in the armor will start showing. Bum, on the other hand, will be just entering his peak.

You may disagree, but for the same money, it's always better to get a guy going into his peak years than a guy coming out of his.

Please don't take this to mean I think Halladay and Bumgarner are the same pitcher for 2012; of course, Halladay is a considerably safer be to excel, but his window is closing and as fantasy players, we must keep that in mind when we value players.

At this point, I'd probably rather have a $5 Bumgarner for some years, than a $41 Halladay for this year. Plus, would Halladay go for more than that at draft? What is more likely, that you could get another $5 starter as good as Bumgarner, or another starter (or Halladay himself because you threw him back) as good as Halladay for $41?

Knowing that you will go -unequivocally- to at least $41 for Halladay puts you in a good draft position, in my opinion. I say drop Halladay, because you get the chance to get him back at a similar (possibly even lower, if you are lucky) price AND you get a great $5 pitcher in Bum.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                              Yes. I didn't say he "would be" better, but just that he "very well could be" better. Midway through 2012, Halladay will be 35, past his considerable peak, likely still a force, but the cracks in the armor will start showing. Bum, on the other hand, will be just entering his peak.

You may disagree, but for the same money, it's always better to get a guy going into his peak years than a guy coming out of his.

Please don't take this to mean I think Halladay and Bumgarner are the same pitcher for 2012; of course, Halladay is a considerably safer be to excel, but his window is closing and as fantasy players, we must keep that in mind when we value players.

At this point, I'd probably rather have a $5 Bumgarner for some years, than a $41 Halladay for this year. Plus, would Halladay go for more than that at draft? What is more likely, that you could get another $5 starter as good as Bumgarner, or another starter (or Halladay himself because you threw him back) as good as Halladay for $41?

Knowing that you will go -unequivocally- to at least $41 for Halladay puts you in a good draft position, in my opinion. I say drop Halladay, because you get the chance to get him back at a similar (possibly even lower, if you are lucky) price AND you get a great $5 pitcher in Bum.

Just my opinion.

fair enough. I agree with your assessment.

Comment

Working...
                              X