Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went and saw RG III play.

Baylor vs Rice

Baylor owned the first quarter: 21-9 and 2 yards from 28-0. On the season, Robert Griffin III has more TD throws than incompletions.

As good as he was throwing the ball, the dude has RB in his soul. During the 2 minute drill, at the end of the first half, he pulled one down and ran for daylight. 35 yards, Two nice cuts and some broken tackles later, he was inside the the 5. Rather than play it safe, he went airborn, got hit from two directions, and coughed up the ball. Had they scored it would have been 42-17 at half.

As expected, RG III stayed in the pocket most of his time (he came out with 5 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter). He did some things very well. Kendal Wright set the school TD mark on a sweet sideline route, in the red zone. The catch was pretty, but the throw could not have been better. Ganaway got his first career TD on a little delayed flair, probably the third or fourth guy on the tree. Ganaway is your basic moose RB. He stayed in to block, then released in the flat.

Probably the most impressive play was the 4th TD pass of the first quarter. With the ball at the Rice 29, RG III got moved out of the pocket. He had room to run, but kept his head up and found a receiver (Lanear Sampson) single covered in the end zone. As against TCU, he visibly controlled the urge to run. On that play it paid gold.

Rice was not a good test. Baylor got up 28 points, then gave a bunch back. The team does not know how to play with a lead. It was nowhere near as close as the 56-35 final score. That being said, Rice played hard and does have a good QB. At their level of play, they should do decently.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

13 TDs to 12 INTs this season -- he's awesome

Rice is always competitive with their offense but they get rolled when it comes to teams that can bunch up the formations and run the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      13 TDs to 12 INTs this season -- he's awesome

Rice is always competitive with their offense but they get rolled when it comes to teams that can bunch up the formations and run the ball.
      I had to look up his stats because what you wrote made no sense. What you meant to type was 13 touchdowns 12 INCOMPLETE PASSES!!! He has zero INTs. That's just bananas video game stuff. 70-82 through three games. Wow.

Comment

Working...
      X