Anibal Sanchez--5th starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anibal Sanchez--5th starter?

ESPN has Anibal listed as the Marlins 5th starter. I have him at $1 and like him this year, but I also have Ted Lilly at a decent price. The 5th starter designation gives me pause, since, if it sticks, he'll lose a few starts throughout the year.

But this can't be right, right? I mean, I get him being behind Johnson, Vazquez, and Nolasco, but do the Marlins really plan on running him out there behind Chris Volstad? I know it is still early, but is that really a possibility? That has to be espn just making stuff up right?
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-09-2011, 03:42 AM.

yeah I dont buy that for a second. Volstad was pretty horrible last year and ST hasn't happened yet, so it's not like he's turned anything around.

I wouldnt worry too much. ESPN is making stuff up.

Comment

You will have to look at what they do in Spring Training but everything that I have heard before this had Sanchez listed as either the 3rd or 4th starter. If things go as they have in the past Volstad would be the pitcher skipped no matter the order they are listed. Of course all is subject to change as Volstad could improve and Sanchez regress.

Comment

Grrr...I had him on my bench this week. This is the semis in my h2h points week. His start would have locked up a victory for me. As it is, I'm ahead but not comfortably. Scary finish.

He'd cooled lately. Anyone else foolish enough to have him on the bench? This is his second dominant one hitter of the year. He has had a down stretch on a bad team, but overall, he's had a great year. He's going to be a tough extension decision for me in the offseason.

Comment

Working...
        X