laptop battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop battery

Okay, my supposed 1 year warranty expried less than 2 weeks ago.

Oh, but it seems I DO have warranty until mid april, just not on the battery.

Finished warranty, okay but if I have until april 16, I do not get it. One warranty for 14 months, one for 12 months, sounds like bull**** to me.

What suggestions do you have to achieve a new battery from dell.

As it stands, if I do not receive a free new battery, there won't be any more dell purchases in griff's house, thats for sure...and with two kids hitting their teen years, there goes automatic sales out the door...and that is without getting into the word-of-mouth bad publicity to my family and my wife's family which equates to 11 siblings and over 40 nephews and nieces...than there are all the people they may tell about this simple to fix problem for dell.

The only thing I replace on my lap tops are batteries. I just bought one through Amazon for my HP (1 year old) and I have a Dell that the battery is bad too. It is what it is. You can find an aftermarket one made in Japan for like $30. Hopefully it last another year.

Comment

Search on EBay for "Replacement battery for Dell xxx" and you'll find something that will work fine for half the cost.

Comment

Yep, I've gotten a couple that way and had good results.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I have had my laptop for over 2 years (Toshiba) and never replaced the battery. Now as for the cord I have been through about 10 since my kids have damaged them repeatidly. I always use Amazon for my tech purchases like this. Ebay is my 2nd choice. Check both Amazon and Ebay and purchase a backup. If you give us the model number of your Dell we can help.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Self-Contained Portable Solar System

The SolarEvolution Mobile Solar System combines a 10-Watt solar panel with a portable 300-Watt inverter and battery providing up to 300 Watts of portable electricity and backup power anytime, anywhere. It can power a 25-Watt laptop computer for up to 4 hours.
            im kind of confused. can a person buy somthing like this:

Sunlinq 25 Watt Folding solar panel

and run a modern laptop directly? they say they are 'chargers'..or do you need the power system and inverter? how do they even rate laptop's and laptop batteries these days? is it mA per hour?

i would try to get a free one from Dell? can you try and tell us how they treated you? batteries are important. it's the most important feature of a laptop. but if i did need a new battery i would also go out and get a better, really kickass one. do they make better aftermarket batteries?

Comment

Working...
            X