12 Team, Start 2 QB Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Team, Start 2 QB Draft

Had a draft last night. This is a 12 team, start 2 QB league. The scoring is standard (10 rushing/receiving yards per point, 25 passing yards per point, 6 points for all TDs).

This zip file has the rosters.

I drafted 8th- I don't love my team, but I think it will at least be competitive. I think I like Team 11 the best of all the teams, but Team 5 is a close second. I am Team #8.

Somewhat of a surprise: Due to the holdout, Chris Johnson went #10 overall. I decided to pass on him at #8 in favor of Brees. Peyton's injury spooked a lot of people as well, and he fell to the second round.
    Attached Files

I play in a similar league - 12 teams, 2 starting QBs, 6 points for all TDs including passing TDs. QBs have huge value. Here are some thoughts on each team:

Team 1 - Very nice QBs and RBs, but the WRs are just terrible for a 12-team league. Still, if the owner is smart, this team will compete. As QB injuries happen, having Stafford and Orton as his #3 and #4 will give him great trade leverage.

Team 2 - Lots of potential, but lots of question marks. Needs Schaub to stay healthy and Kolb to perform. I'd be surprised if enough breaks right for him to be at the top of the pack

Team 3 - Vick's value above other QBs is supressed a bit because his rushing TDs are no more valuable than passing TDs. Sanchez isn't the worst #2. Not having a #3 QB who starts is particularly dangerous when your top guy is Vick. I don't see Vince Young on any roster - surprised someone didn't nab him as potential trade bait for when Vick gets hurt. Overall, I don't see enough strength around Vick to think this is a top flight team.

Team 4- The WRs are great, but I don't think this team competes. Manning and Fitzpatrick with no #3 QB isn't very good in a 12-taem league, and the RB depth is lacking behind Foster.

Team 5 - The QBs alone make this team a contender. I think Manning will be fine, so Manning + Rodgers is easily the best QB duo in the league. With TD passes worth 6, that's a lot of firepower. Hightower and Jacobs are underappreciated RBs behind Hillis, and maybe Mathews eventually lives up to the hype. WRs aren't world beaters, but probably good enough given the rest of the roster.

Team 6 - One of the worst teams. McNabb is a weak #2 QB, and he has no #3. Greene and Moreno have potential for good seasons, but the RB group is average. WRs are weak.

Team 7 - I don't think McCoy puts up big numbers this year with those WRs, so the QBs don't thrill me. Great group of RBs, especially if Starks takes that job. WRs are decent. I'd like this team a lot more in a standard league. With TD passes worth 6, I don't think the RBs can carry him.

Team 8 - I think you have the second best QB pairing with Brees and Ryan, and Cassel gives you a decent enough #3. Your RBs are on the weak side unless someone emerges in Miami, and your WRs are below average too I think -- I don't see Bowe repeating what he did last year, and Jones and Burress both carry a lot of risk. In a standard league, I wouldn't give this team much of a chance, but the QBs should at least keep you competitive.

Team 9 - Don't see this team competing. The WRs are excellent, but the QBs are weak and I don't think the RBs cut it behind Charles.

Team 10- Weak QB duo. Don't care for the RBs after Johnson. WRs are strong, but not good enough to carry the team.

Team 11 - Campbell is a weak #2 QB, but otherwise I like this team. The RBs are strong and I think the Jackson, Ochocinco and Smith could all exceed expectations at WR.

Team 12 - Strong at WR, but pretty weak at QB and RB.

Overall, I think the top 4 contenders, not in order, are 1, 5, 8 and 11.

Comment

My team from my similar league is below, with draft round in parenthesis for each player. I picked 9th out of 12. To show the huge increase in QB value, here is how QBs were drafted in the first 5 rounds:

Round 1: Vick, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers, P. Manning, Schaub, Ryan
      Round 2: Roethlisberger, Romo, Freeman, Cassel, Kolb
      Round 3: Stafford, Orton
      Round 4: Flacco, E. Manning
      Round 5: Sanchize, Cutler

We are only allowed to take 2 starting QBs. We can carry a third QB only if it's a backup for one of our other QBs or if one of our QBs is on bye, so that's why I only have 2. My team:

QB: P. Manning (1), Romo (2)
      RB: S. Jackson (3), Best (5), Benson (8), Spiller (11), Ringer (14), Redman (16)
      WR: V. Jackson (4), D. Bryant (6), Manningham (7), S. Smith (CAR) (9), Garcon (10), A. Roberts (20)
      TE: J. Cook (13), Kendricks (17), J. Thomas (18)
      K: Feely (19)
      D/ST: Saints (12), Lions (15)

Comment

Working...
      X