2K11: Arian Foster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Arian Foster

let's hear it for late fantasy football drafts!!!

Appearing on SportsCenter Wednesday, ESPN's John Clayton suggested that Arian Foster's hamstring injury could sideline him for up to a month.
    "It does look like it's going to be a 3-4 week injury," said Clayton, referring to the MRI Foster posted on his Twitter account Wednesday. "The pictures don't lie." Clayton predicts Foster won't be ready for Opening Day. Dr. Michael Kaplan of ESPN also believes Foster is dealing with a 3-4 week strain, or even partial tear. Foster has promised that he will play against the Colts. Owners drafting him in the next week need to make sure to pick Ben Tate as well. Derrick Ward would also be in the mix for carries were Foster to miss regular season games.
    Aug 31 - 3:10 PM

Arian Foster tweeted an MRI of his hamstring injury Wednesday, and assures that he'll be "fine."
    ESPN's John Clayton quickly jumped to the conclusion that Foster wouldn't be ready for Week 1 after viewing the MRI, but we didn't know Clayton has a medical background. "If I had a 'significant injury' why post it?" Foster then tweeted. "I'll be fine, it was just meant to make fun of the whole situation. Humor is lost nowadays." There have been rumors that Foster has a torn hamstring, but nothing to confirm them. Foster doesn't seem worried, and the Texans wouldn't be letting him run on the side of practice with a muscle tear.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

the now-infamous Arian Foster hammy pic:

Comment

Happy belated birthday to Arian.

Comment

more intrigue

ESPN medical analyst Michael Kaplan insists Arian Foster is "very unlikely" to play in Week 1 after examining the MRI Foster tweeted of his injured hamstring on Wednesday.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

photoshopped
            I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              more intrigue

ESPN medical analyst Michael Kaplan insists Arian Foster is "very unlikely" to play in Week 1 after examining the MRI Foster tweeted of his injured hamstring on Wednesday.
              These guys are good if they can spot a tear on that pic.

Comment

Not sure when John Clayton became a doctor.

Regardless, for such a top pick, these " nagging " injuries would have me worried. While you may not win your draft in round one, you can sure lose it.

On a related note, I think RB Chris Johnson will get injured if and when he plays this year.

Comment

This is as ridiculous as when Bill Frist tried to "diagnose" Terri Schiavo from the House floor.

All this means is that Foster owners need to have Ben Tate.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle was interviewed on sports talk radio here in Austin this morning. He said that when Arian Foster first hurt his hamstring early in camp, he was noticeably limping and wearing a monstrous ice pack. He said this time Foster is not limping or wearing an ice pack and is jogging in drills. So he did not think this injury would be serious.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

The best part of this picture is that that's probably his social security number and date of birth in the upper left corner. That could get expensive for Mr. Foster.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

His date of birth was already public knowledge. I wonder if you are right about the Social Security number. It is the correct number of digits.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

yeah, I meant that given that that is his date of birth it's probably his SSN as well.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

According to this site, a SSN starting with 026 would have come from Massachusetts, and Foster was born in San Diego. California-born residents should have SSNs starting with 554-573 or 602-626.

Find how Social Security Numbers are assigned and what the SSN numbers mean.
                            Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 09-01-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

If this MRI was real, you wouldve heard how the Texans fined Foster an undisclosed amount for releasing medical records, by now. That was basically a bored Foster taking a joke a bit too far to get back at the fantasy folk. I do admire his attention to detail though.

I hope Foster falls out of the first round for my other drafts.

Comment

Working...
                              X