2K11: Mike Vick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Mike Vick

gets rewarded with a ONE HUNDRED MILLION dollar contract ($40m guaranteed). Wowza.

Me thinks he disappoints this year, especially where most drafters will take him.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
      Me thinks he disappoints this year, especially where most drafters will take him.
      Both my leagues are 12-team, start 2-QB leagues, so there is a distinct possibility he goes #1 overall in one or both of them. So, yes, I agree that he will disappoint compared to where he is drafted, but it will be disappointment the way CJ was disappointing last year for me at #1 overall, which is to say, he'll still be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
        Both my leagues are 12-team, start 2-QB leagues, so there is a distinct possibility he goes #1 overall in one or both of them. So, yes, I agree that he will disappoint compared to where he is drafted, but it will be disappointment the way CJ was disappointing last year for me at #1 overall, which is to say, he'll still be pretty good.

yes and I venture to say he will be better than pretty good. He might not match last year but he will still be very good, at least.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Is there any way I take Vick in the first round? No.
          Is there any way I take Vick above Rodgers? No.
          Is there any way he matches last year? No.

That said if he is on the field, he will still be excellent. I think the biggest concerns all revolve around the o-line. It's a mess right now. If they can't pull it together it's gonna cost Vick effectiveness and the bigger concern is that it could lead to Vick getting hurt. He's very very risky and that needs to be considered when drafting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            yes and I venture to say he will be better than pretty good. He might not match last year but he will still be very good, at least.
            When you're a QB rushing for 900+ yards in addition to your passing stats, it will only take an injury for him to majorly disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              When you're a QB rushing for 900+ yards in addition to your passing stats, it will only take an injury for him to majorly disappoint.
              sure and the same could be said about every other player in the NFL. He is at more risk because he runs more than the average QB but thats also why his numbers are spectacular.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Trautdiggity View Post
                Is there any way he matches last year? No.
                The counter-argument to this is that this year, it's Vick's team. Remember that last year Kevin Kolb was the starter in the off-season, all of pre-season, and in the first game. Now, Vick gets all of those reps. And he'll have the offense structured more around his strengths instead of an offense designed for Kolb.

We'll see if practice, preparation counts for anything in the real games.

Comment

The O-line is a mess, defenses will scheme for him more this year and Vick has only played a full season only once in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by off_the_wall View Post
                    The O-line is a mess, defenses will scheme for him more this year and Vick has only played a full season only once in his career.
                    you mean defenses didnt scheme for him last year? All those DCs should be canned.

He didnt play a full season last year. Seemed to do okay.

Comment

Working...
                    X