NL 4x4 Kemp $20 for Strasburg $5 and 2 prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL 4x4 Kemp $20 for Strasburg $5 and 2 prospects

I recently traded for Strasburg $5 s2 and I think I have an offer for him for Kemp $20 (FA at the end of the year).

I would also have to include Ethan Martin $3 (minor leaguer, who had a terrible year) and the #9 overall pick in the reserve draft, which will be someone like Jordan Lyles $5 or Randall Delgado $5.

I would essentially fill my last OF spot unless I trade an OF or not keep Parra. I essentially traded for Strasburg to trade him during dump time for a high priced guy.

10 Team 4x4 (20-25%ish typical inflation)
    My current potential 16 keepers are:
    Montero $6 l2, Freeman $5 (minors), Heyward $10 s2, Rasmus $10 o or $15 l2, Pagan $3 s2, Torres $4 s2, Gomes $5 s2, G Parra $2 s2
    Hanson $15 l2, Strasburg $5 s2, Wainwright $32 s2, Axford $7 s2, Kimbrell $6 (minors), Hammel $3 s1, A Sanchez $10 s2, Big Z $12 s2

Thoughts.

I'd do it...it's not like you're going to get much out of Strasburg this year, and maybe not the following year either, if he follows the Liriano pattern. If he follows the Josh johnson pattern, you'll kick yourself though.

But flags fly forever, and if you think you have enough to contend, go for it...Kemp should be up for a nice bounce back year.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yep, right after the auction. Why not have the extra money to spend and then make the trade? Unless of course your rules prevent this type of deal.

Comment

It sort of does. Any player that has an expiring salary or have a $ price over 20 or FAAB value about $65 is considered an * player and we can only trade for 2 a year and one per team.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
          It sort of does. Any player that has an expiring salary or have a $ price over 20 or FAAB value about $65 is considered an * player and we can only trade for 2 a year and one per team.
          Then I make the trade now. Even if you would fall out of contention you should be able to trade Kemp for a keeper.

Comment

Looks like the other team is waiting for a reply on an offer he made of J Garcia $1 s2 and the #2 overall reserve pick for him.

Comment

Done deal. Kemp $20 (FA after 2011) for Strasburg $5 s2, Ethan Martin $3 s3 and my #9 overall reserve pick. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                Done deal. Kemp $20 (FA after 2011) for Strasburg $5 s2, Ethan Martin $3 s3 and my #9 overall reserve pick. Thanks guys.
                Good for you...just read today that the Nats HOPE to have Strasburg back to pitch in September. No help there for a contender...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                X