yahoo projected stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yahoo projected stats

i did my only league (work) thursday and a notion hit me today about drafting players based on yahoo's proj stats. i guess they take schedule into account, tho i don't agree with their conclusions obviously. think they also take past 3 year performances maybe. but for ****s and grins i wonder what would've happened if i took players based on the proj season stats. they have Vick proj at 373 points, heh. you could've basically had a program draft your team. based on your positon needs click wr or rb and take the best projected one, and so on. there are some obvious errors but i am wondering a little bit. especially how much schedule and opposing defense rankings vs that position matter.

anyways in my 10 team work league i did some crazy things. i took Mendenhall 3rd overall. took Rivers before Brady, Brees, Manning. mostly because Brees bye week is 11 and i went PIT heavy and their bye is 11. Rivers over Brees might've been a mistake tho. took Mike Wallace over Austin, V. Jackson, Jennings,Wayne. took Jermichael Finley over Gates and any other TE. took Pittsburgh Defense in rd 6. ..keep in my it's a locl league and half the owners autopicked with yahoo default rankings. but we do get sort of serious at work about the league. even if there's no money. here's my team.

1. (3) Rashard Mendenhall (Pit - RB)
    2. (18) Philip Rivers (SD - QB)
    3. (23) Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)
    4. (38) Felix Jones (Dal - RB)
    5. (43) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)
    6. (58) Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
    7. (63) Percy Harvin (Min - WR)
    8. (78) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
    9. (83) Kenny Britt (Ten - WR)
    10. (98) Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)
    11. (103) Daniel Thomas (Mia - RB)
    12. (118) Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
    13. (123) Lee Evans (Bal - WR)
    14. (138) Pierre Thomas (NO - RB)
    15. (143) Alex Henery (Phi - K)

i like PITs schdule in playoff weeks 14,15,16 vs CLE, @SF, STL. that influenced me the most. Rivers vs BUF, BAL, @DET wasn't too bad. i wanted to go with youth. alo, it wasn't the play but 3 WR's are in their 3rd year, Sidney Rice in his 4th. and 2 RB's in 4th and 2 rookies. i didn't play football last year so im a little rusty but this is what after a day of studying before the draft.

tho, even if it's a good team looking at my schedule vs other managers it seems they have great matchups when they play me. it could be one of those lead the league in points yet lose every game. basically the commish cheats and shuffles the schedule until he gets a good one vs the percieved weak managers, which means i get put in vs the few hard ones...playing 4 of them twice.

...this is just my take and what i did this year. i also have players i don't like and refuse to draft. Vick, V. Jackson, Jacobs etc.. the funny thing was i had a plan to take some others like Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Malcom Floyd which others took before me and it saved me from making a mistake as i guess im happier with Britt, Rice and Evans. the only mistake i feel was missing out on LeGarrette Blount but i needed a wr and took Percy Harvin and taking Fred Jackson over Jacobs. but then Jacobs is a punk. and Jacksons who i plan to drop when i need FA's for 4 bye week players in seperate weeks.

it's not a point per reception leagues and regular scoring, so the reason i took Mendenhall over Charles, Rice and Johnson is im not happy about RBBC stuff. and tried to go with safer but less sexy plays. granted Ricky Williams might not impact Rice as much at the goaline as McGahee did. but those years were unforgettable. Jamaal Charles looks great but that RBBC situtation looks fustrating. and Chris Johnson is a diva/punk, who was offered to be the highest paid RB in history but instead wanted to be the highest paid player in history. he's such a diva that a deal actually might not get done. im just glad i didn't have the 2nd pick and had to organize my thoughts on Adrian Peterson vs Mendenhall. and then pick Mendenhall and have it blow up in my face and have ppl go haha. MIN sucks or might suck and i wanted a RB starter on a team that plays with leads. Peterson is young tho and only 2 years older and gets receiving yards.

i just had eye's for PIT and also Mendenhall this year. i do think PIT is gonna win the superbowl this year. for sure.

Comment

Working...
    X