Something to monitor re Vick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to monitor re Vick

I've mentioned before that it's ridiculous to take Vick with the first overall pick or one high in the first round, but he does deserve to be one of the first seven quarterbacks taken, so this situation is worth monitoring.

Vick is left-handed, which means that the right tackle protects his blind side. The problem is that the Eagles are having major problems at right tackle, and are likely to start rookies at right guard and center. The result so far is that Vick has not had time to throw at all in preseason games, even (especially!) last night vs. Cleveland.

Incumbent RT Winston Justice and free-agent RT signee Ryan Harris are recovering from injuries and may not be ready for the start of the season. King Dunlap just isn't cutting it at RT, and the rookies are having communication issues.

I would not be surprised to see LG Todd Herremans moved to RT and Jamaal Jackson, who might lose the starting C job to rookie Chris Kelci, inserted at LG. This is probably the best solution given what's at their disposal right now. If Dunlap has to start in the regular season, that's going to put Vick deep in the danger zone for injury potential.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Originally posted by Erik View Post
    I've mentioned before that it's ridiculous to take Vick with the first overall pick or one high in the first round, but he does deserve to be one of the first seven quarterbacks taken, so this situation is worth monitoring.

Vick is left-handed, which means that the right tackle protects his blind side. The problem is that the Eagles are having major problems at right tackle, and are likely to start rookies at right guard and center. The result so far is that Vick has not had time to throw at all in preseason games, even (especially!) last night vs. Cleveland.

Incumbent RT Winston Justice and free-agent RT signee Ryan Harris are recovering from injuries and may not be ready for the start of the season. King Dunlap just isn't cutting it at RT, and the rookies are having communication issues.

I would not be surprised to see LG Todd Herremans moved to RT and Jamaal Jackson, who might lose the starting C job to rookie Chris Kelci, inserted at LG. This is probably the best solution given what's at their disposal right now. If Dunlap has to start in the regular season, that's going to put Vick deep in the danger zone for injury potential.
    I've been warning people about the same issue. That said, Winston Justice coming back will not help the situation.

Comment

Working...
    X