Latest addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest addition

After nearly 24 hours in labor and a C-section to boot, my first child, Jaya Corinne, was born last Tuesday morning. We had to stay in the hospital until Friday and it was not a very good delivery experience.

However, Jaya is healthy and making up for lost time with a ravenous appetite.

Having a child is an amazing experience and part of me questions why I waited so long but then again that means the fun has just started! I checked back several times on the 'advice to 1st time dads' thread on the old site so thanks to those who offered advice. And thanks to those of you who posted congrats on FB.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Congrats here as well!

best of luck, sounds like it's an amazing, 25+ year rollercoaster ride..
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Gratz sir.

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like my wife. She was in labor for over 24 hours and finally had to do a c-section.
          拖裤子,
          放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Congrats---all the best life has to offer to the whole family
            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Awesome. Congratulations!

Comment

It's a fun ride. Enjoy!

Comment

Hey bud,

I saw your pics on Facebook the other day and I thought, "Hey, there hasn't been announcement of RJ yet!".

But I figured I'd let you have the honor....

Congrats, my friend! Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Very nice to hear, Jas...congrats, buddy!
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Congratulations!

Hey, why aren't we fb friends?

Comment

Outstanding! Congratulations.
                        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Congrats. Some of my most favorite times is seeing my 3 kids being born. Remember this is the most quiet your house will be as the kid is growing up.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Woo hoo!! Congrats!

Lots of wonderful times ahead.

God bless you and yours.

Comment

congrats Jason! Being a father is a wonderful experience! A 24-hour labor is just crazy!

Comment

Working...
                              X