Draft eval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft eval?

Not entirely thrilled with this draft. Had a couple of players I targeted that were literally taken by the person drafting right in front of me. MJD and Austin were keepers from a terrible team last year.

QB: Flacco, Cutler
    RB: MJD, Charles, Moreno, Addai, Murray
    WR: Austin, Harvin, MThomas, Amendola
    TE: Clark, Cook
    D: Bears
    K: Vinatieri

We start a QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, R/W, TE, D, K...12-teamer. Standard scoring with 1/2 PPR and QBs get 6pts for TD and -2 for Int.

The WRs are weak, but I figure Thomas and Amendola will each end up with a nice total of receptions (1/2 PPR). My hope is they only have to play on bye weeks (fingers crossed). And Clark helps make up for what I lack there, as does the fact that MJD, Charles, and Moreno all catch passes out of the backfield. Flacco isn't sexy, but he's solid.

I think this is a mediocre team, if that. Your QB situation is less than mediocre with Flacco being barely in the top 12. Your RB situation looks good except I worry about MJDs knee. Your WR situation has left you with a few WR2's but no WR1.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Not thrilled with QBs, as I have neither in my top 12. RBs could be a strength to deal from. WRs are not awesome but should be fine in 0.5 PPR. Clark is one of the best TEs if he and Manning can stay healthy.

It's not the best team, but it's not a disaster either, and could surprise if a few things break right.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        I think this is a mediocre team, if that. Your QB situation is less than mediocre with Flacco being barely in the top 12. Your RB situation looks good except I worry about MJDs knee. Your WR situation has left you with a few WR2's but no WR1.
        I would disagree with Austin not being a WR1. He was on a torrid pace last year when Romo went down, and I believe he'll get back to WR1 numbers this yr. Actually, he was the 12th ranked WR in our league in 2010, even with the trainwreck season. And Clark could very well play like a WR1, LOL.

The problem at QB is that so many were kept (6 in all), and I wasn't going to spend my first pick on a QB when Charles and McCoy were sitting there. By the time the draft got back to me in Rd2 (1st pick Rd1, 12th pick Rd2, 1st pick Rd3), PManning had been taken. Maybe I should have taken a QB there, but Moreno was still sitting there (I think he'll get a lot of touches this yr). And I had a hard time passing on Clark because he was better than any WRs that were available at that time (6 kept, 11 more drafted in 1st two rds). My hope was that Freeman would slide down to me in Rd4, but he was taken two picks before mine. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably would have been better off getting a QB in Rd3. For now, though, I'm left hoping my team fulfills its upside. Flacco still avgs 225 ypg and 1.5 TD. Not great, but at least he's pretty steady. In our league, he averaged 5.0 pts less per game than the No1 QB (Brady). Truthfully, if you take out Flacco's first two games last year, which were horrible (TD, 5 Int), he ranked 8th among QBs in our league.

Like I said, not thrilled. I set my targets too late. Live and learn...got another draft tonight.
        Last edited by Flyman; 08-22-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I like this team. Two 1st round RBs; Austin is solid and Harvin should emerge as a borderline WR1 this year; Clark & Cook are solid TEs. The Qbs are OK, but both can rebound well, and QBs are always easy to find.

Comment

Working...
          X