Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG Baseball projections ahve been updated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Baseball projections ahve been updated.

All batting projections have been reviewed and updated. We have also begun to update our pitching projections, but those are still in progress. [due Feb 15]
    Offers 2024 fantasy baseball information including player news, statistics, dollar values, cheat sheets, rankings, 2024 projections and more

I am not sure what that is worth to you, but there it is. Some random lines

Danny Espinosa 515 AB .214 BA 76 R 13 HR 57 RBI 0 SB 10 CS .624 OPS $0
    Rajai Davis 428 AB .287 BA 60 R 4 HR 45 RBI 43 SB .324 OBA .715 OPS $18
    Pauk Konerko 528 AB .290 BA 79 R 32 HR 95 RBI .369 OBA .528 SLG .897 OPS $22
    Travis Snider 482 AB .253 BA 62 R 21 HR 56 RBI 138 K .765 OPS $3
    Johnny Damon 545 AB .281 92 R 15 HR 65 RBI 14 SB .362 OBA .439 .800 OPS $0

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

0-for-10 in SB? Hard to believe for anyone other than Jose Offerman (who was 0-for-8 in 2000 or so; my main league uses SB minus CS and his owner was not amused.)
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      0-for-10 in SB? Hard to believe for anyone other than Jose Offerman (who was 0-for-8 in 2000 or so; my main league uses SB minus CS and his owner was not amused.)
      Yeah, that seems pretty whack.

Comment

Steals can't possibly be worth this much, can they?

Orlando Hudson 2B 498 AB .279 BA 74 R 7 HR 46 RBI 8 SB 2 CS .743 OPS $10 (NL only)
        Neil Walker 2B 520 AB .288 BA 70 R 14 HR 74 RBI 3 SB 3 CS .789 OPS $1 (NL only)
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Johnny Damon 545 AB .281 92 R 15 HR 65 RBI 14 SB .362 OBA .439 .800 OPS $0

I think the S amounts still need work. These look like last year's numbers.

J
          Last edited by onejayhawk; 02-06-2011, 03:58 PM.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            Steals can't possibly be worth this much, can they?

Orlando Hudson 2B 498 AB .279 BA 74 R 7 HR 46 RBI 8 SB 2 CS .743 OPS $10 (NL only)
            Neil Walker 2B 520 AB .288 BA 70 R 14 HR 74 RBI 3 SB 3 CS .789 OPS $1 (NL only)
            Steals are probably the easiest cat to fill this year, maybe their excel formula needs tweaked.

Comment

I kinda like the Will Venable projection:

<table width="100%" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="tableHeaderRow"><td class="tableHeaderCell">Name</td> <td class="tableHeaderCell">Team</td> <td class="tableHeaderCell">Pos</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">G</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">AB</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">H</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">AVG</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">R</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">2B</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">3B</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">HR</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">RBI</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">SB</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">CS</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">BB</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">K</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">OBP</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">SLG</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">OBPS</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">AL/NL $</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">Mixed $</td></tr></tbody></table>
              <table width="100%" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>Venable, Will</td> <td>SD</td> <td>OF</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">152</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">467</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">117</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.251</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">68</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">16</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">7</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">16</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">60</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">25</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">6</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">49</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">145</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.322</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.415</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.737</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">$12</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">$9</td></tr></tbody></table>
              Last edited by BigJonEmpire; 02-06-2011, 04:19 PM. Reason: update values

Comment

I emailed them and pointed out the problems and they re-ran their numbers. The dollar values look more right now (Walker $14 vs Hudson $8 and Damon $16 for example).

- Mike
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post

<table width="100%" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="tableHeaderRow"><td class="tableHeaderCell">Name</td> <td class="tableHeaderCell">Team</td> <td class="tableHeaderCell">Pos</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">G</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">AB</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">H</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">AVG</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">R</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">2B</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">3B</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">HR</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">RBI</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">SB</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">CS</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">BB</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">K</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">OBP</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">SLG</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">OBPS</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">AL/NL $</td> <td class="tableHeaderNumericCell">Mixed $</td></tr></tbody></table>
                  <table width="100%" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>Venable, Will</td> <td>SD</td> <td>OF</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">152</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">467</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">117</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.251</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">68</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">16</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">7</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">16</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">60</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">25</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">6</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">49</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">145</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.322</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.415</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.737</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">$7</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">$3</td></tr></tbody></table>
                  Venable's a tough one to project, when healthy last year he was an animal (vs. right handed pitching) but he was constantly nicked up. In a perfect world, healthy for a full season, he seems like he could go 20/40 and maybe more, can't project that though because you can't rely on him being healthy all year.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post

<table width="100%" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>Venable, Will</td> <td>SD</td> <td>OF</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">152</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">467</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">117</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.251</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">68</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">16</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">7</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">16</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">60</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">25</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">6</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">49</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">145</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.322</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.415</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">0.737</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">$7</td> <td class="tableNumericCell">$3</td></tr></tbody></table>
                    Yikes. Where did you get all that code? Not that it works. I have yet to see a decent way to post tabular data in these forums.

In any event, Dunn projects 168 K, but that one might actually happen.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I emailed them and pointed out the problems and they re-ran their numbers. The dollar values look more right now (Walker $14 vs Hudson $8 and Damon $16 for example).

- Mike
                      Much better. They look like decent (if conservative) projections.

Comment

I copied and pasted it from the site. Its appears just fine for me.

Comment

- Mike
                          Clout!:mod: I love it.

Damon at $16 looks a bit better for those stats.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

They have Derek Jeter earning $31. What year is it again?
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              They have Derek Jeter earning $31. What year is it again?
                              It fits the stats they project: 640 AB, .295 BA, 106 R, 13 HR, 21 SB
                              That is a nice line. What it has to do with Jeter in 2011, I have no idea.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X