2k11: Jonathan Stewart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11: Jonathan Stewart

Trying to decide whether I should keep this guy.

Most lists rank him in the high 20's among RB's. So in my 12-team league that starts 2 RBs, that makes him a clear-cut starter.

I have him for $6 as a keeper. ($100 cap, $30 in keepers allowed.)

Tough to say if he'd go for more or less than that, really. Obviously there is inflation.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
    Trying to decide whether I should keep this guy.

Most lists rank him in the high 20's among RB's. So in my 12-team league that starts 2 RBs, that makes him a clear-cut starter.

I have him for $6 as a keeper. ($100 cap, $30 in keepers allowed.)

Tough to say if he'd go for more or less than that, really. Obviously there is inflation.

Thoughts?
    I'd much rather have him as a Flex option than a RB2. I'm not much for auction leagues so I can't really comment on his value as a $6 keeper.
    14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
    RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
    WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
    TE: Olsen (NA)
    K: Lutz (7)
    DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

when were these lists put out? Before or after free agency?

With DeAngelo Williams back in town, Stewart is nothing more than an RB3. Just look at his game logs when Williams was healthy. Last season, Stewart didn't get more than 12 carries in a game with Williams around. The year before that, he didn't get more than 17 carries with him there.

I don't know who your other keepers are, but spending $6 on a backup RB doesn't seem wise to me, when that $6 may be the difference between him and a stud.

Comment

I am not convinced he is the backup. There is a new administration in town, and that means a new OC. Also, DW is 4 years older, and has to prove he still has "it". The big danger is that they co habitate. RBBC, and neither is a good receiver. Stewart's big advantage is GL work.

OTOH, I agree that $6 is a lot. Stewart's ADP is in the 70s. At that price, he might be a bargain. I am pretty sure that DWilliams at 45 or so is not.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

D'Angelo got a big check. Stewart is the backup. With Fox gone they probably won't run as much. If Williams gets hurt - a distinct possibility - then J-Stew has good value. But otherwise I think I'd toss him back.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            D'Angelo got a big check. Stewart is the backup. With Fox gone they probably won't run as much. If Williams gets hurt - a distinct possibility - then J-Stew has good value. But otherwise I think I'd toss him back.
            Of course Stewart is the backup. He is prolly the35-40 RB and not worth keeping at 6.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

With DeAngelo Williams back in town, Stewart is nothing more than an RB3. Just look at his game logs when Williams was healthy. Last season, Stewart didn't get more than 12 carries in a game with Williams around. The year before that, he didn't get more than 17 carries with him there.
              If your a Stewart owner, you better pray for a Williams injury.

Comment

I would not keep him at $6 in a $100 league unless there was going to be diddly squat in terms of RB available in the auction. $6 is at value at best for him IMO.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                X