Miami Hurricanes -- WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Hurricanes -- WOW

Yahoo! put out a major investigative piece today that will eviscerate that program.

Nevin Shapiro, a convicted Ponzi schemer, details the cash, gifts and other favors he says he lavished on a slew of players from 2002-2010.

Brash booster Nevin Shapiro was everywhere around the Hurricanes program. School officials should have known his presence and actions were a problem.

When the Yahoo writers start digging into your actions, you're going to take a very very bad beating. They hire the best reporters in the business....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

This broke just as I was heading to bed last night. A couple of thoughts:

a) this is a hugely comprehensive piece of work

b) it's amazing that they managed to keep it quiet until yesterday

Comment

I really wonder if Miami will be the next school to get a death penalty.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I really wonder if Miami will be the next school to get a death penalty.
          Saw this comment before. Since I don't follow college sports that closely I have no idea what it means - care to enlighten me?

Comment

Death Penalty means they shut the program down for 1-_ years and make it start from scratch. SMU is just now showing some legitimacy as a football program some 23 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Death Penalty means they shut the program down for 1-_ years and make it start from scratch. SMU is just now showing some legitimacy as a football program some 23 years later.
              Ah. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
                Ah. Thanks.
                As bad as these allegations are, I don't think the NCAA will dole out the death penalty. It's just TOO harsh and I'd be surprised if they never want to do that again, barring some like systematic genocide by a college program. As MJ said, SMU is first starting to show some legitimacy 23 years later, and even that was only a 7-5 season.

That being said, it's pretty bad and they're going to get some serious sanctions...if the NCAA has any balls, that is. So, in other words, probably no sanctions at all.

Comment

Working...
                X