Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for considering dropping Torii Hunter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I crazy for considering dropping Torii Hunter?

25 keeper, 10 player taxi, standard 5x5 - 12 team mixed, daily lineups, weekly FAAB

C - Joe Mauer
    C - Jorge Posada
    1B - Albert Pujols
    2B - Danny Espinosa
    SS - Ian Desmond
    3B - Ryan Zimmerman
    MI - Sean Rodriguez
    CI - Kila Kai'aihue
    OF - BJ Upton
    OF - Grady Sizemore
    OF - Jay Bruce
    OF - Will Venable
    OF - Peter Bourjos
    UTIL - Ian Stewart
    UTIL - Cameron Maybin
    P - Cliff Lee
    P - Cole Hamels
    P - Shaun Marcum
    P - Phil Hughes
    P - Jonathan Sanchez
    P - Ricky Nolasco
    P - Francisco Cordero
    P - Joel Hanrahan
    P - Brandon Lyon
    BN - Ryan Kalish

Taxi - Brett Lawrie, Dee Gordon, Julio Teheran, Jacob Turner, Nick Weglarz, Lonnie Chisenhall, Christian Friedrich, and Ryan Westmoreland (2 open spots)

I've come to terms with dropping others I don't want to, but this last keeper is driving me nuts.

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
    25 keeper, 10 player taxi, standard 5x5 - 12 team mixed, daily lineups, weekly FAAB

C - Joe Mauer
    C - Jorge Posada
    1B - Albert Pujols
    2B - Danny Espinosa
    SS - Ian Desmond
    3B - Ryan Zimmerman
    MI - Sean Rodriguez
    CI - Kila Kai'aihue
    OF - BJ Upton
    OF - Grady Sizemore
    OF - Jay Bruce
    OF - Will Venable
    OF - Peter Bourjos
    UTIL - Ian Stewart
    UTIL - Cameron Maybin
    P - Cliff Lee
    P - Cole Hamels
    P - Shaun Marcum
    P - Phil Hughes
    P - Jonathan Sanchez
    P - Ricky Nolasco
    P - Francisco Cordero
    P - Joel Hanrahan
    P - Brandon Lyon
    BN - Ryan Kalish

Taxi - Brett Lawrie, Dee Gordon, Julio Teheran, Jacob Turner, Nick Weglarz, Lonnie Chisenhall, Christian Friedrich, and Ryan Westmoreland (2 open spots)

I've come to terms with dropping others I don't want to, but this last keeper is driving me nuts.
    I really don't see why you'd want to drop him, your team on paper is looking pretty power challenged as it is, while you look to have plenty of speed, IMO. You should drop either Venable or Bourjos instead. Plus, do you really want TWO Padre outfielders on your team?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

My first thought was why would you keep Maybin over Hunter? Then I read Hornsby's reply. If it were me I drop Mayin.

Comment

I fear the cliff dive is coming for Hunter, his second half's have tailed off each of the last two years, then last year the steals fell off, power's usually next. I'm afraid I may be looking at David DeJesus this year with Hunter and while I realize Bourjos and Maybin are not good bets but they have age and upside on their side. Do Hunter's counting stats justify keeping him over prospects?

Comment

Originally posted by Porcello View Post
          I fear the cliff dive is coming for Hunter, his second half's have tailed off each of the last two years, then last year the steals fell off, power's usually next. I'm afraid I may be looking at David DeJesus this year with Hunter and while I realize Bourjos and Maybin are not good bets but they have age and upside on their side. Do Hunter's counting stats justify keeping him over prospects?
          yes, his stats do justify keeping him...you simply can't replace his power at this point. Unless you plan on this being a rebuilding year, you need his power. 20+ HR's and 80+ RBI are nowhere to be found in your prospects...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            yes, his stats do justify keeping him...you simply can't replace his power at this point. Unless you plan on this being a rebuilding year, you need his power. 20+ HR's and 80+ RBI are nowhere to be found in your prospects...
            Agreed.

And Maybin is nearing bust label.

Comment

Yeah, I'd keep Hunter and drop Maybin or Venable.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks for talking me off the ledge guys, Maybin then Bourjos are currently on the bottom but I'm trying to finalize deals so I don't have to cut either.

Comment

I have been on the fence with Hunter, but he should still contribute .280/80/25/80/8. As others have stated, your young guys won't match that stat line

Comment

Working...
                  X