Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griswold's 2011 Hall of Fame Enshrinee is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griswold's 2011 Hall of Fame Enshrinee is.....

Ed Sabol

I can't tell you how excited I am about this.

I drove Steve Sabol about 10 years ago when he won the McCann Media award and he was a great guy. I know that Steve isn't the best of health nor his father. But I look forward to the great stories that they have to tell.

Oh yeah, if the HOF parade is on TV in your area....look for me.

Hey, just my real Fantasy football.

Gris

Ed will be 95 on Sept 11, God willing.
    Steve, 68, was diagnosed in March with a brain tumor.

Bring your hankie; that is going to be one emotional week...
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

That's awesome, Gris.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Ed will be 95 on Sept 11, God willing.
        Steve, 68, was diagnosed in March with a brain tumor.

Bring your hankie; that is going to be one emotional week...
        Yeah, I was told tonight that Ed has a wheel chair to get around in and he has an assistant who I'll work with.

It is sad news about Steve....he's a great guy.

I'll keep every one informed throughout the weekend.

Pray for Ed and Steve....and me to keep us all healthy and safe next weekend.

Comment

Griz you realize NFL Films is in my backyard. The old building was torn down a few years ago and the new one off of I295 is huge. Would have loved to have worked there.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Gris,
            I think both of these legends will be helped by seeing a familiar face in town. Not hard to guess why you landed this special, bittersweet ride. You're the right man for the job....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
              Griz you realize NFL Films is in my backyard. The old building was torn down a few years ago and the new one off of I295 is huge. Would have loved to have worked there.
              I have a cousin who works there.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                That's awesome! No, I didn't realize this.

Comment

Gris,
                  I think both of these legends will be helped by seeing a familiar face in town. Not hard to guess why you landed this special, bittersweet ride. You're the right man for the job....
                  Thanks, JJ! I'm sure it will be an awesome weekend. These gentlemen documented the early times of the NFL and the game within the game to the public. It's a shame it took this long to honor them.

Comment

I'm pumped...my car they gave me to drive this weekend.

A Mercedes Benz ML 350 SUV....nicest car ever donated....why, because this is what Ed Sabol rides in at home the director said....nice.

Comment

Well, Ed and his family went back. The Sabol family is really one huge family with the NFL Films employees being a part of it. Every one from NFL Films showed the utmost respect for Ed as did many other folks like Sal Pal and Andrea Kramer from ESPN. However, on a sad note, it was devastating for me to see Ed and Steve (without his hair due to chemo) be shells of their former selves. As I said good bye to Ed, I feared that I may never see him again. I pray that I do. Overall, it was a different weekend....but still a blast. Seeing Nelly and Snoop Dogg on stage just 10 feet in front of me at Deion Sanders and Marshall Faulks' party was pretty cool. I got my picture taken with Andrea Kramer and then drove her back to her hotel. I was giddy.

In final....the sad part is....the more I meet these newer enshrinees like Sanders, Faulk, Sharpe, etc.....the more I will continue to ask to drive the old-timers. Their ego-tastic attitudes makes my skin crawl. They talk a great talk on the enshrinement stage during their speech, but I see how they act it out in real-life and it's all crap. I'll probably never see any of these enshrinees come back every year like the old-timers. Now, I realize that some of them are coaches for other teams and I can excuse that, but what was Emmit or Rice doing this weekend? Dancing with the stars? Nope, their celebrity ego is too cool for little ole Canton. But Gale Sayers, Dick Butkus and others have no problem making it.

Hey, just my HOF experience.

Gris

Comment

Always look forward to this annual recap!

And Andrea Kremer is one of the more down-to-earth people in the TV biz. Not a diva.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Always look forward to this annual recap!

And Andrea Kremer is one of the more down-to-earth people in the TV biz. Not a diva.
                          I couldn't agree with you more. She was very sweet.

When I asked her if I could take a picture with her, she acted surprise.."you want a picture with me? Why?"

Comment

Gris, I'm sure you've mentioned how you got this HOF driving gig before, but I am not aware, so would you mind sharing that story?
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Gris, I'm sure you've mentioned how you got this HOF driving gig before, but I am not aware, so would you mind sharing that story?
                              It's quite simple...you need to know someone on the committee and they recommend you to the Committee Director and he adds you when they need new drivers.

My friend (buckeye1) got on the committee first and then me.

Since then we've added about 10 more friends to the group.

Of course, then it takes about 15-20 years to get to the enshrinee level. But it's still fun regardless of who you drive.

If you ever want to be on the committee...let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X