Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will go the extra dollar for____ because _____

what ya got?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Nobody because I do not overspend.

That said, Stephen Drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Nobody because I do not overspend.

That said, Stephen Drew.
      If you dont overspend in keeper leagues, you spend a lotta time looking up.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Three Phillies:
        Ryan Howard-His ankle was injured last year, sapping his power down the stretch. The guys in front of him were often hurt (Rollins, Utley). Meanwhile he improved on his average and cut down on his strikeouts. I think that a typical Ryan Howard year is coming, but I hope to pay less for it.
        Cole Hamels-#4 starter will have top-10 numbers but likely won't cost you that.
        Ryan Madson-Good era/whip with decent strikeouts, a bunch of wins and a half dozen saves. Worth a couple of bucks easily but (hopefully) won't cost you that.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
          Cole Hamels-#4 starter will have top-10 numbers but likely won't cost you that.
          Good luck on that one!!! I thought that last year he would come at a discount, no such luck. Coming off a second half as good as anyone in the game I sure don't see him going for anything but top $.
          Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

One stud offensive player. There are a bunch back in the auction. There will also be a lot of money. So I will overpay the 11 other bidders to get one. They will do the same.

Comment

players with multi-position eligibility / had a tough time fielding a full roster in deep only leagues last season with injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                If you dont overspend in keeper leagues, you spend a lotta time looking up.
                I spend a lotta time winning

Comment

Mike Napoli because he now play in Texas and I love catchers who don't catch.

Comment

Too early to say. This is usually an auction day determination and will depend on keepers/scarcity (not just infatuation with a player). If I know, for instance, that top starters are in short supply, I may go the extra dollar for a starter even if I already have "too many". This is especially true if I want to keep them away from my closest competitor. I think people tend to underestimate such factors and assume that "value" is the only determinant of success.

A team full of $10 guys worth $12 each might be ok. But it probably won't end up on top. I don't generally buy into "spread the risk."

Comment

Jose Reyes / I am an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                        Good luck on that one!!! I thought that last year he would come at a discount, no such luck. Coming off a second half as good as anyone in the game I sure don't see him going for anything but top $.
                        Yeah, if any of the Phab Phour gets a discount, it will be Oswalt. That's who I expect to come out with. Hamels' age and 2010 second half means that bidding could get nuts for him, and you know it will for Halladay and Lee.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                        X