Justin Trudeau in blackface scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Trudeau in blackface scandal

The Canadian election is a month away. Our Prime Minister was outed yesterday as having worn blackface and brownface, one of which has a photo, one a video, and 1 an anecdote from Trudeau.

Conservative Party and Liberals were neck and neck, with 4 viable left parties splitting the vote and only 1 viable Conservative option. So now it will likely splinter the left further and we get to see Conservatives empty the oil sands, deregulate, and kill the planet. All because people prop up Trudeau, saying "well, he's the only chance to beat the Conservatives, so we need to vote strategically and support him"... sounding familiar?

Strategic voting is idiotic. Trudeau had promised to introduce proportional voting, which would have given Canadians the ability to coalesce around someone else, but his broken promise is the reason Conservatives will burn it all down now.

Ontario has been decimated by Doug Ford, elected on the popularity of his dead crack smoking brother, family wealth and power, and a campaign to lower beer prices to $1 a can. Should be a living nightmare for the rest of Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...ium%3Dsharebar

On Wednesday, Time Magazine dropped a bombshell story featuring a 2001 photo of Trudeau in brownface and a turban, taken at a gala at a private school where Trudeau taught 18 years ago.

When asked Wednesday night, Trudeau also admitted to a second instance of racist behaviour. "When I was in high school I dressed up at a talent show and sang Day-O with makeup on," he said.

It's not clear where the video was taken. It appears to show Trudeau with his face and arms covered in black makeup, raising his hands in the air while laughing and sticking out his tongue.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Yeah, what a horrific mess. If this ends up in us electing that right wing idiot as PM - which is now very likely - I'm gonna shit myself. I'm in a fairly good position personally, but it won't end well for anyone on the fringes or close to them, let alone the environment as tw stated.

There's a very small chance that JT steps aside for the one person who could take the Liberal party to a majority, Chrystia Freeland. She's currently the Minister of Foreign Affairs and has such broad appeal it would be a landslide. But the chances of Trudeau stepping aside at this point are infinitesimal. So so sad.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Blackface hasn’t hurt the guy in Virginia at all. I think this will blow over too and Trudeau will win.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
        Blackface hasn’t hurt the guy in Virginia at all. I think this will blow over too and Trudeau will win.
        Right wingers will forgive open and loud anti-Semitism, racism, sexism, homophobia, conspiratorial ramblings, child sexual assault offence, you name it.

Liberals find the witch and burn them at the stake. Trudeau is cooked.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Ontario has been decimated by Doug Ford, elected on the popularity of his dead crack smoking brother, family wealth and power, and a campaign to lower beer prices to $1 a can. Should be a living nightmare for the rest of Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...ium%3Dsharebar
          THIS is a straight out lie.

the previous government, liberal led for 16 years, left Ontario with the LARGEST sub-nation debt on planet earth. THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY BILLION. Ontario has/had more debt than California (which has three times the population). Here is a great example of the liberals while running the province. wynne, former leader, bought 'carbon credits' from California and Quebec for $4 BILLION DOLLARS. $4,000,000,000. that is a lot of zero's. kind of like the zero change in our weather but a GIANT change to the pocket books of hard working citizens. but people (the left) want to rag the repair work of Mr.Ford, voted in with a SUPER MAJORITY.

supporting trudo's liberal party is pretty sad...
          Last edited by Art Vandelay; 09-19-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Right wingers will forgive open and loud anti-Semitism, racism, sexism, homophobia, conspiratorial ramblings, child sexual assault offence, you name it.

Uh, well, that theory seems to fly in the face of what’s gone on in Virginia. People are tribal at heart and are willing to excuse a lot by their preferred candidate. That’s why Donald Trump is President, Ralph Northam is Gov of Virginia, Lt Gov Date Rapey of Virginia is still in office and why I believe Trudeau will win.

Comment

Uh, well, that theory seems to fly in the face of what’s gone on in Virginia. People are tribal at heart and are willing to excuse a lot by their preferred candidate. That’s why Donald Trump is President, Ralph Northam is Gov of Virginia, Lt Gov Date Rapey of Virginia is still in office and why I believe Trudeau will win.
              While I agree that we indeed have become tribal, the Left has shown time after time that they will fragment when it comes to certain issues, while the right seems to always stick together. Case in point, Franken…..His buffoonary was mild in comparison to many of those on the right and yet he's out because of his OWN parties outcry.

I am on record stating that the right wants to win/hold power at any cost--The Left is not.

I really believe that if Kavanaugh had been a liberal Judge appointed by a Democrat in office, he'd never had been confirmed.

Though I'm not familiar with Politics North of the border, I am pretty sure of my assessment of behavior.

The Left will split over this issue and make Trudeau vulnerable. If he handles this sincerely and professionally, he stands a chance.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                THIS is a straight out lie.

the previous government, liberal led for 16 years, left Ontario with the LARGEST sub-nation debt on planet earth. THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY BILLION. Ontario has/had more debt than California (which has three times the population). Here is a great example of the liberals while running the province. wynne, former leader, bought 'carbon credits' from California and Quebec for $4 BILLION DOLLARS. $4,000,000,000. that is a lot of zero's. kind of like the zero change in our weather but a GIANT change to the pocket books of hard working citizens. but people (the left) want to rag the repair work of Mr.Ford, voted in with a SUPER MAJORITY.

supporting trudo's liberal party is pretty sad...
                It's not a lie, it's an opinion, one that is shared by a lot people. Your perspective is solely on the economics of the province - others view things through different lenses.

Oh, and on that repair work ...

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                ... but people (the left) want to rag the repair work of Mr.Ford, voted in with a SUPER MAJORITY. ...
                Do you consider Moody's to be part of "the left" ?

Originally posted by Bloomberg
                ... Finance Minister Vic Fedeli blamed the previous Liberal government for the creating the circumstances that have led to the credit downgrade.

But Moody's also says that actions taken by the current government to reduce revenue levels will add to the budgetary pressures facing the province.
                https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/moody-s-...ting-1.1183262
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  While I agree that we indeed have become tribal, the Left has shown time after time that they will fragment when it comes to certain issues, while the right seems to always stick together. Case in point, Franken…..His buffoonary was mild in comparison to many of those on the right and yet he's out because of his OWN parties outcry.

I am on record stating that the right wants to win/hold power at any cost--The Left is not.

I really believe that if Kavanaugh had been a liberal Judge appointed by a Democrat in office, he'd never had been confirmed.

Though I'm not familiar with Politics North of the border, I am pretty sure of my assessment of behavior.

The Left will split over this issue and make Trudeau vulnerable. If he handles this sincerely and professionally, he stands a chance.
                  I agree with you that Franken was the victim of a ridiculous woke witch hunt.
                  Last edited by nots; 09-21-2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

So, I’m guessing the liberals have postponed their search for Trudeau until after they see if he wins this month?

Comment

So, I’m guessing the liberals have postponed their search for Trudeau until after they see if he wins this month?
                      Hey, you totally nailed it. The numbers have hardly budged, although Trudeau's general double-speak and cluelessness have been revealed throughout the campaign, and will likely prevent a majority government.

I'm sure my riding will vote Liberal, as Patty Hajduk is a prominent member of Parliament and generally well liked. I'm voting for Jagmeet Singh (New Democratic Party/NDP), who just crushed the last debate, and has seen his popularity increase quite a bit. If the Liberals win a minority government with Jagmeet Singh dictating the lefty line in the sand to win consensus, that's my ideal scenario.

There was actually a Liberal candidate in an interview saying that Trudeau was very proud of his blackface, and black constituents had expressed to her increased excitement for Trudeau because of it. She must apologized for those comments.

liberal candidate apologizes for saying black constituents have much more love for trudeau after blackface scandal

Comment

Both sides are tribal and can rationalize almost anything if it means winning elections.

Comment

Both sides are tribal and can rationalize almost anything if it means winning elections.
                          I will say that before the scandal, I heard a lot of talk about "strategic voting", which was code for "listen up lefties, I don't care if you prefer the NDP or Greens. Be a grown up and vote Liberal to keep the Conservatives out"... in the last few days I've seen a lot more "Holy shit, Jagmeet Singh has won me over."

My local NDP riding leader is an Indigenous woman named Anna-Betty Achneepineskum. I'm just guessing that her identity and name won't help her in my riding. The strong name recognition for Hajdu will be too hard to overcome.

Comment

I will say that before the scandal, I heard a lot of talk about "strategic voting", which was code for "listen up lefties, I don't care if you prefer the NDP or Greens. Be a grown up and vote Liberal to keep the Conservatives out"... in the last few days I've seen a lot more "Holy shit, Jagmeet Singh has won me over."

My local NDP riding leader is an Indigenous woman named Anna-Betty Achneepineskum. I'm just guessing that her identity and name won't help her in my riding. The strong name recognition for Hajdu will be too hard to overcome.
                            Is that pronounced Acne Pine Scum?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Is that pronounced Acne Pine Scum?
                              It's a name ripe for teasing. Pronounced 'Acne-Pinis-Kum'

I went to school with some folks who had the same name, except for them it was spelled 'Achnepeniskum'. Not fair for any child to endure, especially Indigenous kids with a lot more going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X