76ers now up to a Big 4 with Tobias Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76ers now up to a Big 4 with Tobias Harris

Wow. They've sacrificed depth twice now, but ultimately I think they'll be able to add some veteran bench/role players with cheap trades. To be able to start a lineup of Simmons-Reddick-Butler-Harris-Embiid is pretty damn good. Will Milwaukee, Toronto and Boston look to parry with big moves of their own?

I guess that makes Simmons the actual PG now...

Comment

speculation up here of the Raptors trying to put together a package surrounding Siakam & OG for AD ... nice to dream of that starting 5 ... Lowry, Kahwi, Green, AD, and Ibaka
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

They got a couple of other role players in the deal. Hopefully they can find another shooter in the buyout market.

Lots of teams putting their eggs in the "we can sign 2 stars in the off-season" basket. I like that the Sixers have bird rights to Harris and butler now and seem committed to paying the luxury tax. It also lessens the likelihood they dump kell for pennies to free up space.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          They got a couple of other role players in the deal. Hopefully they can find another shooter in the buyout market.

Lots of teams putting their eggs in the "we can sign 2 stars in the off-season" basket. I like that the Sixers have bird rights to Harris and butler now and seem committed to paying the luxury tax. It also lessens the likelihood they dump kell for pennies to free up space.
          They dumped Kell, but got a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder and Jonathon Simmons.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            They dumped Kell, but got a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder and Jonathon Simmons.
            eh, can't separate brain from heart here... I really wanted the kid to succeed here.

the first rounder is top 20 protected, so it's not really that thrilling.

Comment

Cant think of a better team for Fultz to go to.

Comment

Feels like a different team... Harris fits right in. They have gone from a young team that gives up big runs and squanders big leads to a consistently good team.

Butler still isn't integrating well in the offense. He's too selfless at times, making the extra pass. Coach Brown has had to remind him that he's an All-Star in his own right. I don't think it's a personality issue, he seems to want to win more than anything, but he shows flashes in the 4th quarters of some games when he can take over a game. I'd like to see that more. The thing I worry about is that his defense seems to be suffering a little bit. Since he doesn't feel like the weight of the entire team is on his back now.

Comment

Working...
                X