We're all bisexual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're all bisexual

I've been saying this for years but scientific data is starting to back it up.

Researchers at Cornell University in the United States have published findings that show that the traditional heterosexual and homosexual divide is not accurate and that most people who think of themselves as straight might better be described as 'mostly straight'.
    This should be fun!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

The continuum argument is an old one, and is supported by the fact that whole cultures have had different attitudes on same sex relations, and individual preferences seemed shaped by those societal norms.

When it comes to sexual preferences, I think it is really hard to not reference one's own preferences. Mine are probably as straight as they come. I absolutely love the female form, in most shapes and sizes. I am turned off by morbid obesity and extreme thinness. But I imagine that is very common and likely driven by biological factors. On the other hand, while I can appreciate when a man is attractive, I have no feelings of sexual attraction at all, excepting those cases where someone born man effectively mimics the appearance of a beautiful women. And even then, once the illusion is revealed, my attraction diminishes, even if I still appreciate the beauty.

All that said, I'd have to admit that I am not 100% straight, at least by my definition of straight. I say that, because I can picture/imagine a biological woman I find so sexually unattractive and a biological man I find so beautiful that if given the choice between the two to have sex with, I'd choose the super beautiful man over the supremely unattractive woman. By that standard, I strongly suspect almost all men are in the same boat with me, and probably all women are in that boat too.

If anyone here denies they'd make the same choice, and claims 100% preference for all women over all men, I am preemptively threatening to introduce pictures of both extremes to make you verify the veracity of your claim. There are a lot of Harvina Weinstein's out there folks. And a lot of men who naturally look both more feminine and more sexually appealing than those women. Likewise, I'm sure just about any woman would choose to have sex with a super hot gal over a guy that looks like Weinstein.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-15-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      All that said, I'd have to admit that I am not 100% straight, at least by my definition of straight. I say that, because I can picture/imagine a biological woman I find so sexually unattractive and a biological man I find so beautiful that if given the choice between the two to have sex with, I'd choose the super beautiful man over the supremely unattractive woman. By that standard, I strongly suspect almost all men are in the same boat with me, and probably all women are in that boat too..
      no...
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        no...
        If you had to choose, you think you'd enjoy having sex with the world's ugliest woman more than with the world's prettiest man? Really? I think your imagination in relation to those extremes is limited if you believe that.

Comment

This is a dude:

This is too:

Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-16-2018, 01:16 AM.

Comment

You really find Mama June more attractive than those guys? There are far worse looking women, but I use her pre surgeries as an example as she is a terrible human being, who chose her daughter's rapist over her daughter, so I feel morally justified in shaming her. She is both physically and morally unattractive. And again, there are much worse examples, and lots of androgynous male models to contrast them with.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-16-2018, 01:16 AM.

Comment

If you had to choose, you think you'd enjoy having sex with the world's ugliest woman more than with the world's prettiest man? Really? I think your imagination in relation to those extremes is limited if you believe that.
              I'll have sex with my hand instead.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Yes, I think every human has the capacity for sexual attraction to members of the same sex, and that capacity can ebb and flow by stage of psycho-sexual development and situationally over the course of a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  no...
                  Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Yes, I think every human has the capacity for sexual attraction to members of the same sex, and that capacity can ebb and flow by stage of psycho-sexual development and situationally over the course of a lifetime.
                    Nope, I do not agree with this at all. If you said some I would be in agreement with you.

Fooling a man's visual senses by making someone look like an attractive girl is not the same as a man finding a beautiful man sexually attractive.

Comment

This is a dude:

This is too:

These are not pictures of pretty men. These are pictures of men made to look like pretty girls.

Comment

You really find Mama June more attractive than those guys? There are far worse looking women, but I use her pre surgeries as an example as she is a terrible human being, who chose her daughter's rapist over her daughter, so I feel morally justified in shaming her. She is both physically and morally unattractive. And again, there are much worse examples, and lots of androgynous male models to contrast them with.
                        Bringing in personalities for the example you have given is not fair to your question. What if it was a woman that looked like Mama June but was the nicest, kind, big hearted woman in the world?

Who would you choose if you were blind and could only choose by touching the sexual equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          These are not pictures of pretty men. These are pictures of men made to look like pretty girls.
                          Yes, those photos are extreme and can reasonably be called "tricks" that trigger heterosexual attraction rather than homosexual attraction. I still think that given the right circumstance, e.g., boys' boarding school, prison, deep loneliness...most men could develop sexual attraction to a man.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            Yes, those photos are extreme and can reasonably be called "tricks" that trigger heterosexual attraction rather than homosexual attraction. I still think that given the right circumstance, e.g., boys' boarding school, prison, deep loneliness...most men could develop sexual attraction to a man.
                            Take out the word most and you would have a much truer statement.

I would posit that if semi attractive women were available and willing for all of your examples the vast majority of men would choose the woman and not the man. This would not include men that are declared as homosexual as it does not fit with the original post or the point that Sour was trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Take out the word most and you would have a much truer statement.

I would posit that if semi attractive women were available and willing for all of your examples the vast majority of men would choose the woman and not the man. This would not include men that are declared as homosexual as it does not fit with the original post or the point that Sour was trying to make.
                              Going back to DMT's original post though, the starting question is whether a placement along a psycho-sexual continuum is hard-coded into our DNA. Whether a man would ever act on that, say, 2% proclivity for homosexual attraction, is dramatically impacted by our socialization. I do think that our society, unlike some other societies over the course of history, has socialized people (especially males) to push whatever sexual attraction may exist to another male deep down inside and deny it, even to one's self. My personal experience is that I had psycho-sexual reactions to people of both sexes from the onset of puberty until around 9th or 10th grade, after which the reactions to males essentially "went away" and I've only (consciously) been sexually attracted to females since. I'm sure that early recognition of bisexual "capacity" influences how readily I accept the continuum theory, however.

Comment

Working...
                              X