Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of the death penalty for members of the KKK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and Cons of the death penalty for members of the KKK?

Any reason not to disband this club?

Should we make it illegal to be a member of this filth. If we do that, what should be the penalty, heavy fine, light jail time, life in prison, death penalty?

I know of no Democrats, Republicans, or Independents that think the KKK is ok.

I'm generally in support of racist actions being a crime (threats of violence, organized intimidation, etc.), but I don't agree with making it a crime to be a racist if you're not acting against others.

Nor do I support the death penalty as a policy, though it is somewhat ironic to defend the KKK from it, given that it is one of the big tools in the racist toolbox against African Americans.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

Should we make it illegal to be a member of this filth. If we do that, what should be the penalty, heavy fine, light jail time, life in prison, death penalty?

No, you simply can't single out any one particular group that may be disliked...It's a cliche`, but it's too slippery a slope. What happens 20 years down the line when people decide that Planned Parenthood members deserve the death penalty because they enable abortions? Nope, nope, nope...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Pretty sure we have another thread claiming a prominent Republican is very much ok with the KKK.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well, he does not seem to care much about domestic terrorism committed by groups like the KKK: https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/polit...ism/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Well, he does not seem to care much about domestic terrorism committed by groups like the KKK: https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/polit...ism/index.html
            I wasn't weighing in on the validity of your claim, just pointing out the irony in Gregg's statement.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I wasn't weighing in on the validity of your claim, just pointing out the irony in Gregg's statement.
              Yes, I got that, and was piggybacking on that to bring the convo here too. It seemed relevant, since Trump has focused resources on external threats and threats from non-whites, but has also de-emphasized and lessened resources keeping track of groups like the KKK. Seems like we could do both, although the KKK isn't the best example, as I don't think they are at the top of the influence and mayhem list these days for such groups.

But to answer the question, I too don't agree with killing people for bad thoughts. That is pretty minority report stuff. But it does seem reasonable to consider some of these group domestic terrorist organizations.

Comment

Pretty sure we have another thread claiming a prominent Republican is very much ok with the KKK.
                Most of those who responded are in favor of protecting the rights of the KKK. Should we consider this an endorsement of KKK ideology?

Comment

Most of those who responded are in favor of protecting the rights of the KKK. Should we consider this an endorsement of KKK ideology?
                  Why would you do that ?
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I knew this was gonna be a "gotcha" thread and should have known better than to take the bait.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      I knew this was gonna be a "gotcha" thread and should have known better than to take the bait.
                      Wait for the big reveal...
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Why would you do that ?
                        I would not do that.

Any more than I would suggest Trump is ok with the KKK.

I do not think anyone in here is ok with the KKK. I do not think Trump is "ok" with the KKK.

Comment

It is not a gotcha thread.

I would be in favor of outlawing the KKK.

In addition, I am not the one who has to bring Trump in on every discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            But to answer the question, I too don't agree with killing people for bad thoughts. That is pretty minority report stuff. But it does seem reasonable to consider some of these group domestic terrorist organizations.
                            I like this suggestion. What groups would you consider for this?

Comment

Hmm... I am sorry to read this. I rather enjoyed your first response.

If I read this correctly you seem to think I do this a lot. Bob Kohm was the first to call me on it. He has been gone a long time. Can you help me out an point out the the last two previous times that you think I was going for a gotcha?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X