No announcement yet.

Britain is looking to leave the EU.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britain is looking to leave the EU.....

I just saw something on this and have yet to do much in the way of research. That said, it seems like this could be a pretty big deal and when I get a chance I am going to watch some of the discussion on YouTube. Sounds like they have a national vote on the topic in June.

Interesting times that we are living in.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    I just saw something on this and have yet to do much in the way of research. That said, it seems like this could be a pretty big deal and when I get a chance I am going to watch some of the discussion on YouTube. Sounds like they have a national vote on the topic in June.

Interesting times that we are living in.
    This has been a big deal in the financial community for quite some time now.

Comment

I hadnt seen anything on it... Maybe my nationalistic tendencies blinded me to this.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Texas is voting to leave the US and It's bigger.................
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          President Ted Cruz???

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            President Ted Cruz???
            Why not he rode the Dinosaurs with Jesus.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Why not he rode the Dinosaurs with Jesus.
              VP, Carl Everett?
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                VP, Carl Everett?
                Kirk Cameron

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                  Kirk Cameron
                  Well he's already Prime Minister in the UK, so I guess once he's done there
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well, at least that would be one way to stem the illegal immigrant problem

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Well, at least that would be one way to stem the illegal immigrant problem
                      The main challenge would be how Texas would then hold out all the California immigrants.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        The main challenge would be how Texas would then hold out all the California immigrants.
                        if texas leaves the US, you'd see a net outflow of people from there.
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          if texas leaves the US, you'd see a net outflow of people from there.
                          Kinda like Cali is now, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Kinda like Cali is now, eh?
                            California's population is increasing, not decreasing
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              California's population is increasing, not decreasing
                              Barely, and at this point only due to illegal immigration, and even that has decreased significantly. Reference:

Money quote: "During the last 15 years, hundreds of thousands of California residents have left for places where it is cheaper to live, IRS data show. Immigration from Mexico, which previously drove much of California's growth, has slowed markedly. In both cases, population growth has shifted disproportionately to Texas."

Comment

Working...
                              X