Old forums back open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old forums back open

If you want something, go grab it and start it back up here. I do plan on shutting them down again permanently in a few weeks as I do not want new registrations to start over there for draft season. New stuff here, archives there.

Thanks for your cooperation

is there away to restrict all from posting?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      is there away to restrict all from posting?
      good call -- I was able to open them but disable any "registered" members posting privileges.

Comment

I'd also suggest something at the top explaining the situation with a link here. I think someone has created an account since you opened the forum back up yesterday.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

There is something at the top of the forums with that announcement - it had been at the top of every forum since the day I turned this place on. Problem was - nobody noticed it which is why I broke out my pimp hand

"Due to the uncertainty of the site's future given the scheduled closure of Fanball, I have re-launched the old Fix concept to serve as a new home for members until all details are worked out with the closure. At this time, I felt it was best to start anew and continue to hope for the old database and membership accounts to be migrated over at a later time. The new site can be found here(this is hyperlinked in the announcement). You will have to re-register with a new account that I will personally approve to ensure that your name here is not nabbed by someone else. If you have any questions or concerns, there is an Account Migration sub-forum listed on the new boards where you can post those issues."

Comment

Right. I guess that's just not obvious enough, especially to a newcomer who is going to register. Maybe put that page you had up when it was closed but add a link to let people into the old forum. So they have to read your announcement explaining to register here or continue to the old site to read the old archived threads.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

No way to really set that up that I can tell.

Comment

FYI - I will be disabling the old forums on 2/13 so if you want something, go get it over the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  FYI - I will be disabling the old forums on 2/13 so if you want something, go get it over the next 2 weeks.
                  Anyway to make the new board more available? I am still not able to get on here from work, which really sucks.

Comment

How so?

Comment

Are you using the rjbullpen.com url? It works for most people.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                        Are you using the rjbullpen.com url? It works for most people.
                        Can't get it any way I try. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          Can't get it any way I try. Very sad.
                          It is probably due to the word "forum" being listed first in the url... "http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com"

Under the old RJ link, "forum" comes after "http://www.rotojunkie.com/forums/index.php"

The filter sees "forum" and automatically blocks it... It was blocked thru my work as well, but I am tight with the Director of IT and he gave it a pass...and it was just because of "forum" listed first...
                          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Blocked at work, but I think it's more of a "my work" IT security problem.

And how do I get my post/acct information from the old BullPen transferred over here? Thanks.

Comment

So how do we get a thread moved from the old site over to here?

Comment

Working...
                              X