• Show
Clear All

• 2K11 Brandon Allen

Thoughts?

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
    Thoughts?
    He has two first names?

Comment

His role in not clear yet for 2011. He is in the mix for starting position at 1B and LF with Juan Miranda, Xavier Nady, and Gerardo Parra. I think the Diamondbacks' best choice would be Miranda (1B) and Allen (LF) starting against RHP, with Nady starting at either spot against LHP, and Parra as a defensive replacement.

If Allen does win the job, I could see him hitting 20+ homers with plenty of strikeouts and walks.

Comment

Kevin Towers seems very determined to give Miranda the opportunity to win the first base job. With that type of backing, Allen's best shot seems like left field. I shouldn't be too tough to out hit Parra at least.

@OaklandA's - Can Allen handle third base? Maybe there's a job for him as a reserve infielder if Nady wins left field.

Comment

How is he looking now that we are pretty far into Spring Training? Will he make the club? Will the presence of Miranda, Branyan and Nady, as well as Nady's elbow issues sap any value he has?

I have a chance to pick him up as a $1 keeper, but I am not sure if I want to.

Comment

Originally posted by GladHeAteHer View Post
            How is he looking now that we are pretty far into Spring Training? Will he make the club? Will the presence of Miranda, Branyan and Nady, as well as Nady's elbow issues sap any value he has?
            It's still a little early to tell. Miranda is almost definitely making the club, and Branyan looks pretty likely too. As you said, Allen's best shot is in LF. So far, Nady has not hit well, and has had trouble making throws in the OF, and there is some chance they might try to put him on the DL to continue building up his throwing strength.

I had written a blogpost about my predictions about the Diamondbacks' roster a few days ago, which might be of interest:

Comment

Working...
            X