X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Charles- terminal cancer

I loved watching him and Fred Hickman doing the sports highlights

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/06/nic...html?eref=sihp
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

I always preferred Charles & Hickman over anything that ESPN had. Good memories there.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

(CNN) -- Nick Charles, who started off as a taxi driver and later became the first sports anchor at CNN, died Saturday after battling bladder cancer since 2009. He was 64.

Charles died peacefully, looking out at the spectacular land that drew him to Santa Fe, New Mexico, his wife, Cory, said.

Comment

The world does not seem as great a place today. RIP
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          The world does not seem as great a place today. RIP
          Amen to that.

Nick and Fred were like peanut butter and jelly as a team - As madducks suggested , they were superior to all other competing sports broadcasts.

Comment

Man its hard to believe how long ago that was. Add me to the list of guys who watched them religiously.

And today Rod Beaton from usa today passed away.

Time just keeps on going doesn't it.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
            X