2K14-15 Fantasy Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K14-15 Fantasy Hockey

I had a draft last night. I did about two minutes of prep so I basically knew nothing other than what I see from watching Rangers games. I had a strategy of wanting to get two good goalies early. I also avoided anyone from the old Patrick division (other than Rangers). Since I did not do any prep I did not know that Dubinsky was hurt.

Here is what I got.

Potvin Sucks
    1. (6) Tuukka Rask (Bos - G)
    2. (19) Anze Kopitar (LA - C)
    3. (30) Corey Crawford (Chi - G)
    4. (43) Duncan Keith (Chi - D)
    5. (54) Patrice Bergeron (Bos - C)
    6. (67) Brian Elliott (StL - G)
    7. (78) Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Ari - D)
    8. (91) Scott Hartnell (Cls - LW)
    9. (102) Brandon Dubinsky (Cls - C,LW)
    10. (115) Gustav Nyquist (Det - C,RW)
    11. (126) Jason Pominville (Min - RW)
    12. (139) Jay Bouwmeester (StL - D)
    13. (150) Mats Zuccarello (NYR - LW)
    14. (163) Valtteri Filppula (TB - C,LW)
    15. (174) Vladimir Tarasenko (StL - RW)
    16. (187) Slava Voynov (LA - D)
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Your first two picks are the same as mine for the draft I did on Sunday. I think I picked 6th also. I probably would not have done a 3rd goalie that early and I hate Hartnell. At least he gives you PIMs. Nyquist was a favorite of mine late last year. Getting a 30 goal scorer in the 14th rd is sweet.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
      Your first two picks are the same as mine for the draft I did on Sunday. I think I picked 6th also. I probably would not have done a 3rd goalie that early and I hate Hartnell. At least he gives you PIMs. Nyquist was a favorite of mine late last year. Getting a 30 goal scorer in the 14th rd is sweet.
      I got Hartnell for the PIMs. He had an amazing year a few years back. I doubt he repeats it but I figured he'd still be good enough to justify taking him when I did and he could surprise with a bounce back year, new team and all. I went with the third goalie that early because goalies make up 40% of your stats and I wanted three strong goalies. Some teams only draft two (I don't get that). I've found there is always a solid winger available as the season sets going. I have to admit that I had not heard of Nyquist before last night but his numbers last year were good and probably the best still available at the time. If Pominville can repeat last years numbers I think drafting three goalies in the first six rounds will not hurt me. Between him, Nyquist and Tarasenko I think I got some good goal scorers late in the draft. And being a Rangers fan I love Zuccarello.

What was your team? Feel free to post it. I figure this can be the hockey thread for this season since there are so few of us that actually pay attention to it.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

does anyone have a good source for a basic draft day cheat sheet? I am in a draft this year for the first time in years & am definitely out of my league (pun intended).
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          does anyone have a good source for a basic draft day cheat sheet? I am in a draft this year for the first time in years & am definitely out of my league (pun intended).
          ESPN has some free rankings and projections that I looked at briefly.

Also mlbdepthcharts is now rosterresource and they have a hockey page

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

thanks BB, the espn site is helpful.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

12 team H2H 2C 4W 3D 1 UTIL 1 G
              Stats - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLK, W, L, GA (not GAA), SV%, SHO
              1.07 Tuukka Rask G
              2.05 Anze Kopitar C
              3.07 Matt Duchene C,W
              4.05 Wayne Simmonds W
              5.07 Thomas Vanek W
              6.05 Ryan Johansen C,W - He hadnt signed at this time
              7.07 Zdeno Chara D
              8.05 Kevin Shattenkirk D
              9.07 Cory Schneider G
              10.05 - Brandon Saad W -Left the draft at this pick.
              11.07 - Loui Eriksson - W
              12.05 - Jason Garrison - D
              13.07 - Jonathan Huberdeau C,W
              14.05 - Mikko Koivu -I think he retired so I dropped him
              15.07 - Erik Johnson D
              16.05 - Shane Doan W
              17.07 - Matt Read W - Got back in the draft for my last pick

Ok team. I needed a stud goalie in this league. The past two years I had to let yahoo draft for me and I was screwed. Only 32 max moves for the year.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

just curious because I don't know anything about fantasy hockey - are W/L only goalie stats? Are there really five categories that are only available to one of the starters on your team?
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  just curious because I don't know anything about fantasy hockey - are W/L only goalie stats? Are there really five categories that are only available to one of the starters on your team?
                  The stats for goalies are Wins, Goals Against, Save Percentage and Shutouts. You start two goalies though the way schedule works out even if you have three goalies on your roster you don't always have two goalies that are playing every night.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                    12 team H2H 2C 4W 3D 1 UTIL 1 G
                    Stats - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLK, W, L, GA (not GAA), SV%, SHO
                    1.07 Tuukka Rask G
                    2.05 Anze Kopitar C
                    3.07 Matt Duchene C,W
                    4.05 Wayne Simmonds W
                    5.07 Thomas Vanek W
                    6.05 Ryan Johansen C,W - He hadnt signed at this time
                    7.07 Zdeno Chara D
                    8.05 Kevin Shattenkirk D
                    9.07 Cory Schneider G
                    10.05 - Brandon Saad W -Left the draft at this pick.
                    11.07 - Loui Eriksson - W
                    12.05 - Jason Garrison - D
                    13.07 - Jonathan Huberdeau C,W
                    14.05 - Mikko Koivu -I think he retired so I dropped him
                    15.07 - Erik Johnson D
                    16.05 - Shane Doan W
                    17.07 - Matt Read W - Got back in the draft for my last pick

Ok team. I needed a stud goalie in this league. The past two years I had to let yahoo draft for me and I was screwed. Only 32 max moves for the year.
                    Mikko Koivo didn't retire, his brother, Saku, did. The 6th round is where Ryan Johansen was drafted as well.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      Mikko Koivo didn't retire, his brother, Saku, did. The 6th round is where Ryan Johansen was drafted as well.
                      Bah. Oh well on Mikko.

I was was bashed during the draft on taking Johansen. I forgot about him not being signed. I got very lucky. Not a top team I have.

Comment

Working...
                      X