Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl XLV

Steelers and Packers

This looks to be a great game. I'm surprised the Packers are 2.5 point favorites. I'll be interested to see where the line moves in the next two weeks.

Steelers need good news on Pouncey, IMO.

Already thinking of the Super Bowl menu...
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

it's hard to believe these two league titans have never met in the Super Bowl/NFL title game.

Comment

I'm surprised the Steelers are the underdog too, but I like it that way. Steelers need Pouncey but I'm not optimistic. What I think they need even more is a healthy Polamalu to handle Rodgers. He has not been himself since he's returned from injury so I'm thinking he hasn't fully recovered. I'm hoping two weeks off helps with that.
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Man, I can really care less about either team. But a local sports bar will be showing it early in the morning here so I'll make the trek just so I can feel "American" for a few hours.
        拖裤子,
        放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

I'd prefer to see the Packers win, but my gut is telling me Steelers by a field goal. Should be a competitive game.

Comment

Really looking forward to the big game. As a Steelers fan in Wisconsin, I'll take plenty of crap if the Packers win. I'm picking the Steelers in a close one 27-23.
            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
            TE: Olsen (NA)
            K: Lutz (7)
            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
              Man, I can really care less about either team.
              So why don't you then? Or do you mean that you care so much about each of them them that you are torn.

Seriously though - I'm right there with you. I couldn't care less about this Super Bowl and may actually fast forward through the game to get the commercials and Glee afterwards.

That said Steelers by 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                So why don't you then? Or do you mean that you care so much about each of them them that you are torn.

Seriously though - I'm right there with you. I couldn't care less about this Super Bowl and may actually fast forward through the game to get the commercials and Glee afterwards.

That said Steelers by 7.
                Please turn in your man card at the door.
                Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Seriously! If you're a football fan, how can you even think of fastforwarding? I endured many Super Bowls with teams that I hated playing each other and still managed to stay interested.

I guess in between commercials you can bring us our beers and make some wings.

Comment

Okay, okay - I should have said I couldn't care less about the outcome of this game. Hyperbole aside, of course I'll watch.

As for my man card...I don't think I was ever issued one. I'm about as macho as PapaDuece is articulate.

Comment

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7ALxylSbaU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'm still deciding which team to root for... it'll probably be for whichever team's fans are the least obnoxious over the next two weeks. (hint hint)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                          As a Steelers fan in Wisconsin, I'll take plenty of crap if the Packers win.
                          Yes, yes you will. Even on here.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Yes, yes you will. Even on here.
                            Where is your projection for the game?
                            14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                            RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                            WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                            TE: Olsen (NA)
                            K: Lutz (7)
                            DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

I still don't like the match up as GB can spread them out the way NE has. I am not sure that they can dissect the Steelers the way Brady always seems to. I look for a good and entertaining game. No way I can pick against the Steelers so I say Steelers 24 Pack 20.
                              Last edited by frae; 01-26-2011, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X