Parallel universes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel universes

i saw a decent netflix original movie called Parallels (2015)..it's like the show Sliders. i guess they are going to make a TV show maybe. where there's a same building in every world that travels to another universe if you're inside. it's not bad.

i've been thinking about multiple universe lately. Bell's Theorem is like the elephant in the room. where entangled particles can exchange information instantaneously over large distances that seem faster than light. i guess what they say is 3 possibilities. that the universe is deterministic with no freewill. or we're just not able to solve whats going on. or the particles are using wormholes to go around general relativity and the speed of light. or they are are able to travel backward in time. or there are multiple universes where all possibilities happen.

if entangled particles are using wormholes, i saw something that wondered if virtual particles or superposition or quantum particles from a parallel universe are using white holes to appear in this universe. and there is just one giant wave function.

i guess the question is why would entangled particles need to perform a spooky action at a distance? what benefit do they get from it. and if they are using wormholes or time traveling or going to and from another universe, it might be possible to do it ourselves if we could put ourselves into a quantum state.

i am not really that knowledgeable about Bells Theorem or Quantum mechanics. so it's hard to separate the science from science fiction here.

Hmm, I thought I was finally going to have Steve and Steve 2.0 explained to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
      Hmm, I thought I was finally going to have Steve and Steve 2.0 explained to me.
      They are both the same and different at the same time. It's some kind of quantum entanglement.
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        They are both the same and different at the same time. It's some kind of quantum entanglement.
        I think Quantum Entanglement has a new album coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
          I think Quantum Entanglement has a new album coming out.
          Only in universes 8,12,15,22 & 42 is what I heard.

Comment

Do parallel universes have different dimensions?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Different infinities in each one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                yes, but they are perpendicular
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

every universe probably has higher dimensions, yes. to understand it helps to look at perspectives at lower dimensions. perhaps google Edwin A. Abbott's 1884 novel, Flatland. whether or not there are higher dimensions in our world.. who knows. string theory has 10 or more. but they can also be rolled up on themselves, essentially doing nothing. or they can act as wormholes. and also general relativity combines with quantum mechanics in higher dimensions. or gravity combines with the electro-weak force. but that's cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                    essentially doing nothing.
                    I'm a HIGHER dimension!

Comment

Matter Sucked in by Black Holes May Travel into the Future, Get Spit Back Out https://www.livescience.com/64332-bl...m-gravity.html
                      Their calculation predicts that space-time is curved very strongly near the center of the black hole. The result is that space-time continues into a region in the future that has the structure of a white hole...black holes contain the strongest gravitational fields in the universe. Because of this, one possible interpretation of this new work is that matter falls into a black hole and then "bounces," shooting the mass back across the cosmos. Because time is so slow near the center of a black hole, that process simply is taking an enormous amount of time. If the researchers are correct, in the very distant future, where there are now black holes, matter will be erupting, spreading matter throughout the cosmos...There are a few possibilities (potential evidence of white holes today) . Scientists have observed very high energy phenomena in space that have not been completely explained. One is the existence of very high energy cosmic rays that hit Earths atmosphere. Another is what are called "fast radio bursts," which is when a large amount of radio energy is observed in a very short amount of time. Both of those phenomena could, at least in principle, be the signature of a black hole transitioning to a white hole.
                      a possible reason why we haven't found any white holes yet. it's also possible that things that might exist on paper mathematically, might not translate or exist in the real world, for example a naked singularity (an endpoint in space left after a black hole has evaporated). if naked singularities existed, you'd be cruising around in space and then wham! you'd slam into the end up space without warning.

black holes were once believed to be mathematical or theoretical objects that didn't exist in nature. but over time the evidence for them increased. and this may turn out to be the same case for white holes. it would just take a really long time. it's a question i have, if black holes exist, why don't we see evidence of white holes? and a possible answer is because logically, it involves time travel.

Comment

could the Big Bang be a black- or white hole? http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physic.../universe.html
                        The black hole singularity always lies on the future light cone, whereas astronomical observations clearly indicate a hot Big Bang in the past. The possibility that the Big Bang is actually a white hole remains...It has been suggested by Stephen Hawking that once quantum effects are accounted for, the distinction between black holes and white holes might not be as clear as it first seems. This is due to "Hawking radiation", a mechanism by which black holes can lose matter. A black hole in thermal equilibrium with surrounding radiation might have to be time symmetric, in which case it would be the same as a white hole. This idea is controversial, but if true it would mean that the universe could be both a white hole and a black hole at the same time. Perhaps the truth is even stranger. In other words, who knows?

Comment

what if instead of parallel universes there are perpendicular universes

Comment

what if instead of parallel universes there are perpendicular universes
                            Not to self: Do NOT tell math jokes in the Sports Bar

Comment

Not to self: Do NOT tell math jokes in the Sports Bar
                              who were you telling that to?
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X